Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Btw im quite sure it has been dyno tune, so i dont think your butt dyno will do a better job
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2 Type R
    Thanks for the info everyone

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    np man glad i helped.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I know I've said it in many other threads, but I feel the need to say it again here.

The VTEC (secondary cam lobe) engagement point isn't something that you want as early (or as late) as possible. You won't (necessarily) get more power by making it kick in earlier. Ideally what you would want is to have is a very smooth power curve, by having it engage right where the primary cam lobes begin to run out of puff, or if you looked at a dyno graph with vtec disabled, it would be right where the line starts to drop.

When to set the engagement point will vary depending on your cams and cam timing. But when the vehicle is stock, the engagement point is already set in the correct place and should not be changed until you mod your engine in a way that changes its internal characteristics. By this I mean cams or timing, with the only exception (external mod) being changing to a single stage manifold on a B18C2 (DC2 VTiR).
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    yeah what tim said!
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    What else is done though?

Altering the VTEC point I would think is similar to using adjustable cam gears on stock cams. You might gain a little bit but lose something in return. Usually more to lose than gain.
    that would merely adjust the timing so that it might be more accurate at higher revs but be open too soon at low revs causing torque loss since the combustion power would travel right up the valve instead of push the piston, would be good for anti lag on turbo.

but as standard for some reason it seems that the B series seem to have a pre Vtec dip. that once tuned out is better

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    that would merely adjust the timing so that it might be more accurate at higher revs but be open too soon at low revs causing torque loss since the combustion power would travel right up the valve instead of push the piston, would be good for anti lag on turbo.

but as standard for some reason it seems that the B series seem to have a pre Vtec dip. that once tuned out is better
    B/H series need some vtc love..
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2 Type R
    Today I was having another look at the vtec control settings and found that I can easily switch between factory setting and the modified lower rpm setting. So luckily I didnt lose the modified setting because I'm fairly sure the numbers should be precise.

Hey nick. You gain 10kw at 5000rpm and 5kw at 7000rpm with the tune.

You won't lose the settings unless you initialize it. I still have the settings. The air to fuel ratio is about 12.7 all the way to red line.

Overtaking becomes easier due to the extra midrange power.

When my engine was stock with ~180,000km I believe that dyno was over reading as stock 5th gens should run 100kw at the wheels stock.

Notice the difference in power curves.

Getting the tune from Adrian at Toda 2 years ago.

Last edited by migoreng; 18-02-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    apexi afc neo only change the vtec point, but it doesnt automatically adjust the fuel or ignition to suit.
    most of the time you will lost power without actually tune it.

hondata changes the vtec point and ignition fuel to suit by itself.

if you want to be serious about it, get a hondata.
    afc neo can only get you so far.

hondata or power FC opens up a lot more.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by connorling View Post
    apexi afc neo only change the vtec point, but it doesnt automatically adjust the fuel or ignition to suit.

it's had it's AFR and vtec point tuned on the dyno, best leave it be.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by connorling View Post

Im some what disagree. If your not plaining to do internal work inside the engine. just simple I,H,E why not tune,adjust vtec with a apexi. I got both great result on the dyno and on the drag strip!