Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rack Ends

Member Array
    Car:
    ctx's dream car

Rack Ends

Just wondering if someone could help me out, went to get wheel alignment done and mechanic said their is play in the "rack ends" and they need to be changed, would ek9 rack ends be the same as ek4 ? someone help me out?

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    I also need that. but why bother buying ek9 rack ends. they will be extremely hard to find and cost a shit load more.
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    ctx's dream car
    but will it change the difference of steering ? i can get USED ek9 rack for $50 each , but they are used.. so im not sure what to do.

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    Quote Originally Posted by MYEK9 View Post
    but will it change the difference of steering ? i can get USED ek9 rack for $50 each , but they are used.. so im not sure what to do.
    i reckon it should fit . not sure if it would help handling . Need pro to confirm !
    SingleCammerJammer

Just get them new from autobarn/repco/supercheap.
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    ctx's dream car
    yeh but would they make a difference to the steering?
    and would they fit ek9

Quote Originally Posted by MYEK9 View Post
    yeh but would they make a difference to the steering?
    It's not the steering rack you're replacing, it's a metal rod with a ball joint on the end.

I doubt they're different, but if they are (and if you can get it to fit) it's going to have no benefit to you. So why risk it, just buy the one that's right for you car.
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Well if there is play in them your steering wont be as responsive, they aren't expensive as well. But you will need another wheel alignment. While they are off you might as well replace the rack boots.
    OEM parts whore

Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    Well if there is play in them your steering wont be as responsive, they aren't expensive as well. But you will need another wheel alignment. While they are off you might as well replace the rack boots.
    I think he means ek9 vs ek4 ( which is better for 'performance')
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sp33~ View Post
    I think he means ek9 vs ek4 ( which is better for 'performance')
    im a bit lost here, is the question "are ek9 rack ends better then ek4 ones?" if so i think this is being very over thought, i think eather they are tight and good or sloppy and bad. the quality of the ball joint can vary and there is the occasional set with grease nipples on them for double the price but other then having the correct weel alignment and properly fuctioning parts there is no "performance" to be gained here
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

What i said.
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    @OP: I assume you're looking for EK9 rack ends but would like to know if EK4 ones will fit? Can't help you exactly, but;

a) I have an EK4 complete steering rack for sale

or

b) If you have the old ends out, you could send me photos and measurements and I'll compare it with the EK4 ends from one I have apart.