Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03' CR-V Sport

Questions about the Accord Euro

Gday everyone.

First post on ozhonda!

I'm a 20 year old from Melbourne and I'm pretty dead set on getting a Manual Euro as my second car.

Ideally, I want to buy an 08-09 model with 60,000km or less on it. I just have a few questions about a few things.

1. Fuel Economy: What's the economy around town like? Hopefully it's better than what I'm getting in my 98' Magna at the moment! I do know that you're supposed to fill up with 95 or higher, that doesn't bother me.

2. Sound System: I've read that the sound system has 10 speakers (with a Subwoofer as well?) I love my music! What's the stock system like?

3. Performance, Handling & Steering: Considering it has a 148kW engine, I'm assuming that performance won't be an issue at all! I've read that it handles very nicely and that it shifts gears like an absolute dream! Should be heaps better than the boat I currently drive.
    Apparently the steering is a bit on the light side and lacks a bit of feel, but again... the Magna I drive has no feel in the steering at all, so I doubt it would be an issue for me!

4. Back Seat Space & Comfort: My mates and I do the occasional road trip to Phillip Island, Bendigo etc. We're all around 5' 8" - 6', I know 5 people would really be pushing it comfort wise, but what's it like for 4 people? Particularly comfort for back seat passengers. My dad drives a Mazda 3 sedan and that is too small for my liking.

5. What's it like compared to the competition: If any of you have any previous history with similar cars or with the Euro, I'd love to hear your stories!

If you have any other bits of info that you would like to share, please do so!

Cheers!

Westy.

P.S. Sorry if I haven't posted this in the correct area.

Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    Gday everyone.

First post on ozhonda!

I'm a 20 year old from Melbourne and I'm pretty dead set on getting a Manual Euro as my second car.

Ideally, I want to buy an 08-09 model with 60,000km or less on it. I just have a few questions about a few things.

1. Fuel Economy: What's the economy around town like? Hopefully it's better than what I'm getting in my 98' Magna at the moment! I do know that you're supposed to fill up with 95 or higher, that doesn't bother me.

2. Sound System: I've read that the sound system has 10 speakers (with a Subwoofer as well?) I love my music! What's the stock system like?

3. Performance, Handling & Steering: Considering it has a 148kW engine, I'm assuming that performance won't be an issue at all! I've read that it handles very nicely and that it shifts gears like an absolute dream! Should be heaps better than the boat I currently drive.
    Apparently the steering is a bit on the light side and lacks a bit of feel, but again... the Magna I drive has no feel in the steering at all, so I doubt it would be an issue for me!

4. Back Seat Space & Comfort: My mates and I do the occasional road trip to Phillip Island, Bendigo etc. We're all around 5' 8" - 6', I know 5 people would really be pushing it comfort wise, but what's it like for 4 people? Particularly comfort for back seat passengers. My dad drives a Mazda 3 sedan and that is too small for my liking.

5. What's it like compared to the competition: If any of you have any previous history with similar cars or with the Euro, I'd love to hear your stories!

If you have any other bits of info that you would like to share, please do so!

Cheers!

Westy.

P.S. Sorry if I haven't posted this in the correct area.
    Welcome, also good luck on finding a manual Accord Euro, they are rather rare.

1. Fuel economy is shockers, you're looking at about 8 - 9L /100km if you are thrifty with your driving.

2. Sound system is acceptable, however an aftermarket system is much better.. also there is a tendency of speakers blowing, mine had to be replaced under warranty. The sub woofer, isn't really a proper subwoofer.. it sits on the parcel tray, not in an enclosed box.

3. Performance, well... it has 148KW which is 8KW more than the CL9 but with 200kg more weight, there's torque, but it's no race car due to the weight, don't expect to leave anyone at the lights. Steering is electronic and it doesn't give much feedback on the road, it's luxury car not a sports car. It does have nice chassis bracing like stock strut bar and when vtec comes in it makes you feel warm and fuzzy momentarily.

4. Back seat space is horrible, I'm 180cm average size and I find it uncomfortable to sit in the back seat, mostly because of the lack of leg room. Also if you are carrying lots of weight the car actually sits quite low, enough to be scraping in and out of driveways.

Overall I love my Euro, as I'm mostly the only driver and only drive my parter/family around. I love the luxuries it comes with and the overall looks of the car. Compared to say, camry, kizashi, liberty etc I would take the Euro. Again I'm didn't purchase the car for performance purposes, solely as a luxury daily driver.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    ^^^ what he said.

Expect 9L+ in the city
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03' CR-V Sport
    9+ in the city isn't too much of a deal for me. My Magna is currently running a bit rich and burning 10-12L/100km. In city driving and peak hour traffic, I tend to be rather thrifty. Any other times I like to drive "enthusiastically" as I call it
    I still haven't sat in a Euro yet, so I can't really tell a lot about the car. I'll definitely give the sound system in one a work out, as well as test out the back seat and performance. I don't want to be racing or dragging people off at the lights or anything.
    I just want a fun car to drive. Something that handles well and is fun in the windy mountain roads, yet have the luxuries that make long car rides bearable for other passengers. The Euro seems to be the best compromise!

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    The Euro is brilliant,as it is fully imported from Japan,which means reliability,build quality,and finish are excellent.

Awesome looking inside and out,with lots of features,and very comfortable.

Fun to drive,excellent sound system,quiet,smooth,powerful enough,and very economical on the open roads.

I love mine,best of the bunch of all the mid sized sedans on the market IMHO

Good luck finding a manual though,most are automatics........

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    The Euro is brilliant,as it is fully imported from Japan,which means reliability,build quality,and finish are excellent.

Awesome looking inside and out,with lots of features,and very comfortable.

Fun to drive,excellent sound system,quiet,smooth,powerful enough,and very economical on the open roads.

I love mine,best of the bunch of all the mid sized sedans on the market IMHO

Good luck finding a manual though,most are automatics........
    Pretty sure the old euros were made in Japan
    But the recent newer models are now made in Thailand...
    Quality isn't there anymore especially the '12 models were defective workmanship has been seen
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Pretty sure the old euros were made in Japan
    But the recent newer models are now made in Thailand...
    Quality isn't there anymore especially the '12 models were defective workmanship has been seen
    All accord euros are manufactured in Japan.

I think you are referring to the Jazz or Accord which was previously manufactured in Japan then switched facilities to Thailand.

The only Accord Euro made outside of Japan is for the China market which is made in China.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    All accord euros are manufactured in Japan.

I think you are referring to the Jazz or Accord which was previously manufactured in Japan then switched facilities to Thailand.

The only Accord Euro made outside of Japan is for the China market which is made in China.
    touche i've been proven wrong lol
    but theres been a few threads on the newer euro's build quality
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03' CR-V Sport
    I've heard that the build quality from Thailand is still pretty decent. I'd assume it wouldn't be as good as a full Japanese import though.
    Does anyone prefer the CL9 over the CU2? Because the only reason I decided on the CU2 was because of the added luxuries and a supposedly better sound system. They're also a newer car and more likely to have lower k's on them. The power increase doesn't make a difference considering the CU2 is 150kg or so heavier.

I've heard that the build quality from Thailand is still pretty decent. I'd assume it wouldn't be as good as a full Japanese import though.
    Does anyone prefer the CL9 over the CU2? Because the only reason I decided on the CU2 was because of the added luxuries and a supposedly better sound system. They're also a newer car and more likely to have lower k's on them. The power increase doesn't make a difference considering the CU2 is 150kg or so heavier.
    I've had a Thai built jazz, quality is very similar as most of the work is done by robots and most of the panels are big and clip into place, hard to make a mess of it.

It would be a bit easier to get a manual CL9 than a manual CU2, if you are considering getting a luxury model CU2 manual is almost impossible to find.

I haven't owned a CL9 but driven it enough, I think that the CL9 is a better drivers car performance wise as it basically has the same engine, but with smaller tyres and lighter chassis makes it feel a little faster. However for something to live with day by day I wouldn't look back from a CU2.

Have you considered an Aurion or Accord? They have heaps of luxury, lots of power and probably would cost less than an equivalent Accord euro, however they are auto only.

These type of cars are generally hard to find in manual, as most people purchase it for the purpose of A to B or luxury cruiser.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03' CR-V Sport
    Yeah I was wondering how poor workmanship would come into the picture when pretty much everything is done by robots!

I managed to get a Manual Magna! Haha :P I wouldn't be in any rush to get it. The more time I have to save money to spend, the better.

Yeah, I'm currently reading another Ozhonda thread from 4 and a half years ago when the CU2 just came out
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...g-CU2-and-CL9/.
    It looks like the only way I'll find out is if I actually compare them myself.
    If I get a Euro, I will hopefully be keeping it for 5+ years (unless something breaks or I have a drastic change in circumstances)

At the moment, I definitely want a manual. That's probably the biggest deal breaker for me. I'm a bit of a MT snob!
    Give me another 15 - 20 years and I'll probably be driving an automatic family car with all the bells and whistles.

Right now, I want a compromise of everything.
    The power is similar to what I already have, but I'm craving a bit more luxury/technology and roughly the same space as my Magna.

Yeah I was wondering how poor workmanship would come into the picture when pretty much everything is done by robots!

I managed to get a Manual Magna! Haha :P I wouldn't be in any rush to get it. The more time I have to save money to spend, the better.

Yeah, I'm currently reading another Ozhonda thread from 4 and a half years ago when the CU2 just came out
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...g-CU2-and-CL9/.
    It looks like the only way I'll find out is if I actually compare them myself.
    If I get a Euro, I will hopefully be keeping it for 5+ years (unless something breaks or I have a drastic change in circumstances)

At the moment, I definitely want a manual. That's probably the biggest deal breaker for me. I'm a bit of a MT snob!
    Give me another 15 - 20 years and I'll probably be driving an automatic family car with all the bells and whistles.

Right now, I want a compromise of everything.
    The power is similar to what I already have, but I'm craving a bit more luxury/technology and roughly the same space as my Magna.
    If it's been serviced properly it won't break, it will run until the end of time lol.

Have you considered a Subaru Liberty GT B? Plenty of power, heaps of luxury.