Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High flow cats?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Test pipes are a pretty good cat alternative.
    They are NOT an alternative.
    lolwut

here we go

inb4 de-CAT is illegal debate/argument.
    Last edited by GU357; 20-02-2013 at 09:32 PM.

lolwut
    Test Pipe aka De-CAT delete the CAT therefore its an highly illegal mod, EPA will fine your ass on the spot big [IIRC it was $10K max?]. A quality High Flow CAT these days are so good they're almost as restriction free as a De-CAT anyway so don't take the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I'm using a Metal cat converter. Happy with it so far. Heard mixed things about Magnaflow but generally more good than bad, and their prices on Ebay are usually quite competitive.
    I'm not able to confirm it yet, but if you buy a Metal CAT from Australia, it comes with a serial number stamped on the CAT itself and is therefore ADR approved? Unsure if it's EPA approved though...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    LOL test pipes are pointless anyways.... plenty of results have shown that u will only loose roughly 5 percent or less with a good high flow cat vs test pipe, prbs barely noticeable, i recall Top secret doin it on there 800hp skyline, power lose was only barely noticeable

Regardless of being ADR approved, honestly once we start modding its pointless in even saying that its some what ADR approved hahaha

cops can reem us for anything these days so im not even thinking twice about ADR parts lol

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TEGIWA-2-...012afe3&_uhb=1

What u guys think of this? Considering its designed for JDM cat back, i can always extend or shorten the dump down pipe to make it fit anyways if that makes sense lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Actually Just measured up my OEM cat, its Exact same length as Tegwa 2.5 one AHAHHAHA, 12 inchs, or rought 300mm give or take.... so this seems to be the one im gonna get, and at 200 CPSI its perfect , just hope it dont collapse on boost application hahahaha
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Test pipes are a pretty good cat alternative.
    Sure go for it, then when you get pulled over and they discover it say hello to a $10,000 + fine....
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    R33 Skyline
    Say hello to dat crackle pop growl on decell

Member Array
    Car:
    ctx's dream car
    yeh sleep with your decat in the jail cell, after the cops swoop on you like an eagle hahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    USA made 200 cel cat, happy with the results
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by EK1.6LCIV View Post
    USA made 200 cel cat, happy with the results
    ahh cheers man good to know first hand

Still looking atm for a bolt on 2.5" cat, but Fuuuuuu impossible to find

Seems buying a 2.5 " an paying extra to weld flanges is the way to go ahhhh shiiit
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Probably the easier way man, cause some of the 'spec' Hi-Flow CATs are stupid priced...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Say hello to dat crackle pop growl on decell

mate im not even going to start that running no catalytic convertor is illegal - cops swooping on you etc typical response -

but the main reason your comment is STUPID is that I , amongst everyone else dont want you driving around polluting the air that I breathe - all for the sake of "dat crackle pop growl on decell...". Go suck on a old truck muffler and see how you feel after the "benefits" of no cat.