Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2

EG cluster gone haywire.

My EG cluster went haywire last night. it was coolish at the time when i started the car, but i noticed straight away as soon as the engine started the 2 indicator bulbs and 1 highbeam bulbs on the cluster glowed dimmly, ontop of that the fuels tank read FULL and Temperature was already warm. i wanted to get home so i didnt let these things stop me, so i drove conservatively back.

as the engine revs increased the INDI + HB bulb would glow brighter and if i were to turn on an Indicator or Highbeam all 3 of them would glow at around the regular brightness.
    but the annoying part was that when any of the lights functions were in use the speedo and tacho needles would drop to 0 so if the indicator was on the needle would jump up and down with the flashing of the indicator cluster globes.

note the indicators and highbeam on the outside are all functioning as normal.

started it up in the afternoon much hotter and it was back to normal :S

any ideas? bad earth? specific fuse?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    This is what happens when you and I remove an eg dash at 9pm at night
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    i dont understand?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Coolish climate can cause higher resistance. Compared to hot. So if this is only occurring in cold temps. Id be looking for a bad connection. Being in a plug in connector or a bad ground.

But with the lights being on when they shouldnt be. Sounds like you got a positive connected some where it shouldnt be!