Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    99' EK1

Question Clutch Replacement Kit/Installed Price?

hey Guys, First off I'm fixing up an EK cxi I bought, on a budget but saving week by week.

I've done some research on the clutch I need... Exedy HCK-7322, the price online said 332$, seems realsitic but I don't Have much of a clue as to what I'd be Paying for someone to install the clutch for me.

What should I be Paying For Install And Is there any Cheaper replacement options other than Exedy out there, that will give me the same results with similar quality ?

Thanks..

Exedy HD is the safest option most of the time, installation is about $350 - $400 as you would have them machine the flywheel and depending on what fluid you want them to put in and another $50 for a wheel alignment as they have to take the drive shaft out. Better the fluid, more expensive it gets. If you are keen on an Exedy there are heaps of resellers and your workshop should have trade pricing, the difference is a few dollars and if it goes wrong, there's no reason to risk getting a fake one or the wrong one off ebay.
    Last edited by fillit; 17-02-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    99' EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    Exedy HD is the safest option most of the time, installation is about $350 - $400 as you would have them machine the flywheel and depending on what fluid you want them to put in and another $50 for a wheel alignment as they have to take the drive shaft out. Better the fluid, more expensive it gets. If you are keen on an Exedy there are heaps of resellers and your workshop should have trade pricing, the difference is a few dollars and if it goes wrong, there's no reason to risk getting a fake one or the wrong one off ebay.
    Thanks That Clarify's a lot for me, yeah no way was i going to buy from Ebay, I think i may just give my local honda guru and see what he can do for me! so I'd say I would be looking at $800-900 for the lot! great!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Xtreme clutches are a alternative to exedy, slighty cheaper as well, and do the job jus as good if not same as exedy
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    99' EK1
    I'll have a look thanks!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    PM the OzHonda user 'stndrd'. He owns Sleeping Performance which is an OH registered trader. Very cheap, labor will probably cost you half of what you'd pay at any shop from my own personal experience.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I paid $950 for my em1 clutch to be changed, deatils as follows (cash in hand job, i know the mech): I think i got bang for buck, turn around time was 1 working day.

Exedy Sports Tuff Heavy Duty Clutch
    Machined Fly wheel
    New Master cylinder
    Castrol Gearbox oil flush (not just replacement, he changed it 5 times)
    Wheel aligment
    Cleaning/Regreasing of the driveshafts
    Adjusting clutch to my liking.
    My gearbox needed something adjusted in the shifter idunno...all i know the shifting was a hell lot more smoother.
    He even burn't in my clutch and fly wheel so she was ready to rip vtec as soon as i got in (voiding clutch shatter).

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Castrol Gearbox oil flush (not just replacement, he changed it 5 times
    please tell me whats a " castrol gearbox flush " and why would you need 5 lots of fluid to do it?? i recon some one is telliing you some lies
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    how the hell did your mech break in new clutch in a day?

delorean.jpg
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    how the hell did your mech break in new clutch in a day?
    maybe with,

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    trololol

drive 1000kms all day all night

best mechanic going dat extra mile bor
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Is it 1000km? Isnt that the motor? I just thought it was the inital drive around the block that broke in a clutch (someone with more experince then i did with manual) that shapes the face of the clutch and flywheel.

Also i know im correct here, you cannot remove all the gearbox oil in one hit. You drain it fill her up, drive her around the block come back drain and repeat process till she bleeds gold. This is what i have been doing all the cars i have bought to date.