Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    robotic_dyno_bed_in

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Is it 1000km? Isnt that the motor? I just thought it was the inital drive around the block that broke in a clutch (someone with more experince then i did with manual) that shapes the face of the clutch and flywheel.
    Do EXEDY clutches require a break in period?

We recommend breaking in the clutch for 1,000 km with mild engagement such as stop and go city driving prior to racing or spirited driving. Do not overheat the clutch during the break in period.
    http://www.exedy.com.au/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Is it 1000km? Isnt that the motor? I just thought it was the inital drive around the block that broke in a clutch (someone with more experince then i did with manual) that shapes the face of the clutch and flywheel.

Also i know im correct here, you cannot remove all the gearbox oil in one hit. You drain it fill her up, drive her around the block come back drain and repeat process till she bleeds gold. This is what i have been doing all the cars i have bought to date.
    twice is enough, more than that is wasting money man.
    shiet i wouldnt do it actually, probably would do if box been sitting outside for like 6 months
    Last edited by mocchi; 17-02-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6

Also i know im correct here, you cannot remove all the gearbox oil in one hit. You drain it fill her up, drive her around the block come back drain and repeat process till she bleeds gold. This is what i have been doing all the cars i have bought to date.
    Hows your clutch doing?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    im sorry but the same can be said for motor oil, brake fluid or tomato sauce in a bottle. im sure your method would have the resulting fluid that remains in the box would be cleaner but its very very excesive but if you where using an engine oil in the box like alot of ameriacans do the cost is significantly lower so why not i guess
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Since when do you need a wheel alignment after changing a clutch? Pretty sure the only thing that is touched suspension wise is the lower ball joint which does not effect the alignment.....
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    99' EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    PM the OzHonda user 'stndrd'. He owns Sleeping Performance which is an OH registered trader. Very cheap, labor will probably cost you half of what you'd pay at any shop from my own personal experience.

Haha yeahh i already am!