Integra VTiR G/box Reliability Non LSD

hey all as iv posted before, i had a input shaft bearing problem on my gearbox and it turns out the differential is making horrible sounds aswell so it looks like it has to be replaced.

Iv got three options replace the bearings and put a second hand open diff for $500-$600, buy a second hand gearbox for around the same but ISB problems could arise in the future, or fit an Mfactory helical with bearings done for $1300.

Iv done some research but not much info on the Y80 box that i have right now, does any one know if the gearbox will be able to take the pressure from a aftermarket LSD?

I dont want to get all this work done and it ends up blowing(I wont be clutch dumping at 6000 probably 4-5 if i take it to the track), last owner of the vehicle absolutely thrashed the car clutch was worn down to very end, flywheel bearing completely stuffed, my mechanic told hes surprised no slipped or crunching occurred.

Im going to be doing the following Mods in the near future:
    Buddy Club Cams
    Skunk2 IM
    Skunk2 TB
    Full Exhaust
    Hondata.

Let me know what you think, thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Best off rebuilding your gbox for peace of mind. If you want an alternative to mfactory, i can supply H.Drive Helical lsd for very competitive prices. PM for details
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Ozhonda Trader Array
    An LSD is the single best improvement you can make IMO, along with changing final drive ratios. Transforms the car.
    Can I ask how the diff problem was diagnosed - has the gearbox/diff been pulled apart? The reason I ask is that it may be the CWP (crown wheel & pinion) and not the spider gears. It'd suck to fit a new LSD and still have the noise present. Have the cwp checked by a pro during the rebuild.
    Look into shot peening and ISF polishing if you're concerned about gear strength. Good luck with the rebuild either way.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by DeFl0wEr3d View Post
    hey all as iv posted before, i had a input shaft bearing problem on my gearbox and it turns out the differential is making horrible sounds aswell so it looks like it has to be replaced.

Iv got three options replace the bearings and put a second hand open diff for $500-$600, buy a second hand gearbox for around the same but ISB problems could arise in the future, or fit an Mfactory helical with bearings done for $1300.

Iv done some research but not much info on the Y80 box that i have right now, does any one know if the gearbox will be able to take the pressure from a aftermarket LSD?

I dont want to get all this work done and it ends up blowing(I wont be clutch dumping at 6000 probably 4-5 if i take it to the track), last owner of the vehicle absolutely thrashed the car clutch was worn down to very end, flywheel bearing completely stuffed, my mechanic told hes surprised no slipped or crunching occurred.

Im going to be doing the following Mods in the near future:
    Buddy Club Cams
    Skunk2 IM
    Skunk2 TB
    Full Exhaust
    Hondata.

Let me know what you think, thanks.
    connorling has mfactory LSD on his B18c2 Turbo EG. seems to be ok. but terrible for regular driving click and clunks alot because not really going fast enough to use it on street

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    It sounds like his mfactory is a clutch type and not a helical
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    yeh actually i think it is. that would explain the characteristics best.

I ended up getting the Mfactory helical with a 4.7 final drive, it was the input shaft, had the gears looked at told they looked pretty good, its whines now a bit in each gear while accelerating, i think thats the final drive its cut differently. Thanks all for the help.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by DeFl0wEr3d View Post
    I ended up getting the Mfactory helical with a 4.7 final drive, it was the input shaft, had the gears looked at told they looked pretty good, its whines now a bit in each gear while accelerating, i think thats the final drive its cut differently. Thanks all for the help.
    According to Mfactory it is normal for a semi-helical to whine
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b_n6...ature=youtu.be
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero