Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9

Post Accord Euro Clicking Sound

Hey guys, new to the forum so forgive me if this thread is in the wrong section.

Im currently driving an accord euro auto 2004. Bloody beautiful to drive (most of the time haha)

Lately have noticed a clicking sound coming from passenger side wheel. The sound is always there but is only very noticeable from about 50km/h and higher with the passenger side window open. It increases in frequency as speed increases. I noticed that the car pulled to the left slightly when driving so took it to get a wheel alignment but still no fix so took it to someone else who did wheel alignment again and still pulling left. Recently did the pads and rotors myself and still noise persists.

Was driving the other day and full locked the wheel to turn and heard a faint knocking sound and noise was quietened slightly. Ever since then it has been returning slowly and annoys the crap out of me. Funny thing is it hardly ever knocks when turning which should probably eliminate cv joints. The noise doesn't get louder when turning or braking or even accelerating. Its just always there. Very noticeable if driving next to a car or wall on freeway!

Have checked rotors (replaced, but was shuddering anyway so needed new ones), calipers, pads (replaced), wheels for any cracks, tyres for any nails/ screws etc. All bolts are tight in caliper set up. Just cannot find problems and is really bloody annoying. Any suggestions on problem? Have heard that cv joints going is pretty common on the euros but minimal knocking when turning??

Would be wheel bearing/CV joint. Can you replicate the same sound when it's jacked up?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Havent tried turning the wheel when jacked up but sure will do tomorrow have done wheel bearings on a few other cars but they sounded more like a squealing/metal on metal sound. Do they tend to click on the euros?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    cant replicate the noise when the car is jacked up

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro2007
    Had something similar to mine, turned out to be the brake indicator, scratched the rotor half way to hell.