Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVE DC5 View Post
    Ahh ok nothing wrong with that, better then carting people around in a 4 door.
    yeah mate id ditch the amp speakers idea for now, expensive task.
    And wanting big bass im asuming?
    the trick with sound quality on a low budget is to get small low powered speakers, so they are going to do the job alot better with the small amount of power offered by the CD player. where are you from and where are you buying the gear from?
    The thing is the head unit only has 200 watts it self aha so what if I run these 4 140 watt speakers how many watts/rms would be coming into 1 speaker from the 200watt head unit? 50 watts? Or something else..

And I'm not sure yet

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    ^^ 50w per channel..

Doesnt matter if u only run 2 speakers and connect them .. It will provide 50w to those each speakers..

What u also want is to have a decent Pre-out voltage from the Unit to your amp i.e 5v pre-out as this will provide some additional boost to your amp and gains settings on your HU.
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Also depending on how many output RCAs will determine how many amps and what type of amps you can connect to your HU.
    RB1-ODC

what type/kind of amp do I need to power:

Quote Originally Posted by Rage King View Post
    Also depending on how many output RCAs will determine how many amps and what type of amps you can connect to your HU.
    How many RCA outputs would I need for 2 subs and a mono block? 2 is it ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 DC5S
    ok well a head unit is 200w total, thats 4 channels at 50w (max) in theory yes they are underpowered alot but theres alot to take into account than just power, you will find its still a great match so dont stress.
    the higher voltage of pre out is a big helper for the amp, gives the amp a stronger signal to work off, better sound/more efficent. a mono block will have the one RCA input (pair RED/WHITE)
    and 3 pairs will be better in the long run for running multiple amplifiers.
    if your paying around $300 or so for a head unit thats a pretty good chance that your going to get 3x RCA outputs AT 4-5v

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey RB3
    A decent amp to power the two subs will be more like $400 or more, and you need a good wiring kit - 0 gauge with a 150A fuse or more.
    What type of speaker box do you have for the subs? Ported would be best, with 3" or bigger ports.
    Otherwise, you'd be better off with just one sub - it will still kick hard.

I would run the othe speakers off the deck, as suggested. will be fine.
    Digital is Only ON or OFF

Quote Originally Posted by LIVE DC5 View Post
    ok well a head unit is 200w total, thats 4 channels at 50w (max) in theory yes they are underpowered alot but theres alot to take into account than just power, you will find its still a great match so dont stress.
    the higher voltage of pre out is a big helper for the amp, gives the amp a stronger signal to work off, better sound/more efficent. a mono block will have the one RCA input (pair RED/WHITE)
    and 3 pairs will be better in the long run for running multiple amplifiers.
    if your paying around $300 or so for a head unit thats a pretty good chance that your going to get 3x RCA outputs AT 4-5v
    Oh okay yes I'll be running this of a Kenwood KDC-U453 head unit probably/maybe not sure yet which has 2 Preout (2.0V), Rear/Subwoofer Switchable

Would you's have any other suggestions for Subs and head units? Because all I want is hard solid bass!

Quote Originally Posted by -JDM View Post
    Oh okay yes I'll be running this of a Kenwood KDC-U453 head unit probably/maybe not sure yet which has 2 Preout (2.0V), Rear/Subwoofer Switchable

Would you's have any other suggestions for Subs and head units? Because all I want is hard solid bass!
    I haven't came to a decision yet, But I'm thinking about Alpine too.

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    How many RCA outputs would I need for 2 subs and a mono block? 2 is it ?
    Mono blocks are generally used as the term of running 1 powerful sub (1chan bridged mode)

But if your going to use a 2/1channel mono block then you will only need to run 1 pair of RCAs from the HU (sub-out) then connect these two RCAs to your amp input. Then hook up your output channels 1 & 2 to each of your subs (2).

If your planning to run and utilise your dual voice coils setup on both subs then you will need a min of 800wrms per channel.

So if 1 sub is 450rms @ 4ohms.. Then you use DVC to lets say 2ohms then your new total will be approx 850wrms per sub (cant remember the exact formula). So in saying this you will need at least a min 800wrms amp to run 1 sub.
    RB1-ODC

what type/kind of amp do I need to power:

Quote Originally Posted by SQXPRT View Post
    A decent amp to power the two subs will be more like $400 or more, and you need a good wiring kit - 0 gauge with a 150A fuse or more.
    What type of speaker box do you have for the subs? Ported would be best, with 3" or bigger ports.
    Otherwise, you'd be better off with just one sub - it will still kick hard.

I would run the othe speakers off the deck, as suggested. will be fine.
    Yes I think ported! Cause I want all that bass going everywhere! And yeah probs 3"+.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 DC5S
    Typical young guy thing lol, ive been in retail for 5 years and i would not put you past a pioneer. Strong sound easy to use and there using 4v output in there mid-high end range, kenwood and JVC have merged into one company as of early last yr and they keep having software issues especially with ipod and USB.
    if you want something loud and reasonably cheap that wont fall to bits look at dual kickers, 600-800w RMS big tuned ports they hurt when you get them going, you do sacrifice a bit of sound quality but

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V

I think that kenwoods are entry level seeing that its only got 1 pair of rca sub/rear pre-outs with 2v.

U can still use this HU to run 1 amp and 1 or 2 subs..

Again, it will come to the decision on how much bass/power you want to hear/feel. The amp will be your biggest challenge.

My suggestions would be;

Buy the pioneer package that comes with the 6inch speakers $130rrp (approx). This HU has way more options with regards to high/mid/low filters / frequency settings built in the HU. As well as for the sub control too.

Unlike kenwoods they only have high/mod/low without the option to finer tune the frequencies and gains.

Amp;
    If your planning 1 sub @ 4ohms the a 600wrms amp will do the trick.

If 2 subs @ 4ohms each then a 1200wrms amp will be sufficient.

Then if you plan to much round with DVCs then you will need a much higher amp output.

4gauge amp kit will be sufficient..

0 gauge is way too big... Unless your planning to run a 3cap farad...and enter the sounds offs at the auto salon comps.. Lol
    RB1-ODC