Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1, Evo8

Seat rail exchangeability

Hi all,

I have been doing a bit of background check on this but there are some very vague answers out there. The question is, given that the seat rails are suitable for the car, do bride rails fit on recaro seats? and vice versa?

I am currently looking into buying some SR3's for my civic and running them on bride rails, people say that it fits, others say that it doesn't line up so I'm not exactly sure

Cheers for the reply
    "Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul"

They usually are however be aware that some Bride and some Recaro parts are side mount [Sparco usually side mount] not bottom mount [Recaro/Bride usually bottom mount]. SR3 are bottom mount so as long as you get Bride bottom mount rails/base you're good. On the Bride site they will tell you which Recaro's match which rails here
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1, Evo8
    Thanks for that, and in addition to this thread I have dug up another older thread on Ozhonda regarding compatiblity (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...5r-seats/page4)

I believe the rails i'll be after are bottom mount ones (like you have said)

Now... the trouble of sourcing rails in Australia..

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    the bride MO and RO rails will fit the recaro SR series.
    the RO and MO are xactly the same except for that the MO package has RO rails in it with extra steel plate which you can bolt on to the rails to create a different set of holes so that the rail can accept more seat types.

if the rail has been in an accident it wont fit. but i have done it before twice, SR3 in my Jazz on BRIDE MO (threw out the extra steel plates) and then i got some bride MO rails for EG to fit the same SR3.

if you order rails theres a guy on ebay called evergreen spares or something from malaysia his prices are good but shipping is pricey and since its from malaysia good chance of customs inspection which is an extra 50$.

better off buying new rails which u know havent been in any accident though to be safe. most times the rails wont even fit the car perfectly they will need filing in the bolt holes to line up

Quote Originally Posted by FRK202 View Post
    Thanks for that, and in addition to this thread I have dug up another older thread on Ozhonda regarding compatiblity (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...5r-seats/page4)

I believe the rails i'll be after are bottom mount ones (like you have said)

Now... the trouble of sourcing rails in Australia..
    You can source genuine Recaro rails from Idealseat, you can also check with traders on Ozhonda =)

PerfectRun can also assist you too, PR's been best service and good prices for me.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1, Evo8
    I've shot Idealseat an email, just waiting for their reply atm

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1, Evo8
    Since DC2R has the shorter left hand side bolt, does anyone know if its possible to either

1) Drill a hole that lines up with the further EK Chassis?
    2) cut the bracket and weld it further out ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    buy ek rails?
    "Wheels are like bosoms to men, and cars have four of them"

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by FRK202 View Post
    Since DC2R has the shorter left hand side bolt, does anyone know if its possible to either

1) Drill a hole that lines up with the further EK Chassis?
    2) cut the bracket and weld it further out ?
    1. no, drilling chassis is a big no no, unless u can get a engineer to do it for u and ontop of that needs to retap the thread, too many things to consider, remember the mounting/bolting points on the seats are very strong, design to withstand a crash and hold the occupants in, so if u decide to try an do ur own mounting hole all because in pursuit of fitting a seat, that's pretty ridiculous lol

2. Yes u can, but again whats the point if u can get ek9 rails to fit 100 percent, u can by all means try it but not recommended as there are plenty ek9 rails to suit the seats already, have u tried asking jap importers for 2nd hand rails? Ebay? post a wtb?
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC