Member Array
    Car:
    06 CL9 Lux

What part is this? and its purpose

Hey guys, calling all mechanics or who have high knowledge in car parts.

What part is this and is it(the joints) suppose to have a bit of movement or should it be tight? Reason im asking is, i recently noticed a clunk noise at the rear when going over bumps or uneven parts of the road at high speeds (highway/motor way driving). I went under the car to check if there were any loose parts and noticed this part could move around. everything else seems tight and secure. Could this be the culprit?

Any suggestions on what else i should check if this isnt the problem

oh and this is the rear of an accord euro cl9

Eibach Pro Kit - Mugen Visors - Injen CAI - Cusco Front Strut - CT Engineering RSB 22mm - Alpine Type R Speakers + Sub - Pioneer DEH 4350UB

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4 Civic H2B
    Im no expert, but looks like some sort of traction rod to me, and if it is, they should have a little play.
    *BAAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!! KABOOOOMMMM!!!!!*

seeing as my previous signature came true, here is my new signature:

BAAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!! Holy SH*T! my engine is still running 110% awesome!!!

The part you circled is the HID auto-leveler.

It takes the input angle of the front and rear suspension and adjusts the HID level to suit - so you dont blind people when you go over a speed bump or crest of a hill !

You can try and see if the front or rear connection is loose - its a 10mm sized nut holding on so try it out. Do you have adjustable control arms ?( camber kit) ? If loose or adjusted they might be alittle loose

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    check bushings and things in the back might of burst one and lost the packed grease within.
    just a thought.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 CL9 Lux
    thanks,

ok i guess thats not the problem since its meant to move to adjust the HID level and No, I dont have a camber kit.

I will check the bushings and see if they need some lube.
    Eibach Pro Kit - Mugen Visors - Injen CAI - Cusco Front Strut - CT Engineering RSB 22mm - Alpine Type R Speakers + Sub - Pioneer DEH 4350UB

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    if they have burst the might need a new part some come pre packed with grease when they blow the outside will have a cut through it and grease would be visible on/around the tear.

Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    if they have burst the might need a new part some come pre packed with grease when they blow the outside will have a cut through it and grease would be visible on/around the tear.
    afaik

no suspension / variable geometry bushings are liquid filled - only rubber.

Liquid filled applies to engine mounts only. Its liquid filled to absorb and cancel out resonance / cabin vibration.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    ball joints ?

Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    ball joints ?
    To be exact yeah ;0)