Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Why r u so proud of working for Honda? Top range crv doesnt come with 7seater option.. Nor panoramic sunroof. No diesel option. Godd... No wonder no one buys it anymore...and that vertical taillight....so old fashion.. I love ur rims btw...stop critising other ppl s car using ur dull tongue of voice
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Quote Originally Posted by mrgu View Post
    Why r u so proud of working for Honda? Top range crv doesnt come with 7seater option.. Nor panoramic sunroof. No diesel option. Godd... No wonder no one buys it anymore...and that vertical taillight....so old fashion.. I love ur rims btw...stop critising other ppl s car using ur dull tongue of voice
    Thanks for your compliments mate. Wheels weren't my first choice, but they grew on me. They actually look better in person due to the shiny gloss lip.

I agree the vertical tail-light is somewhat old fashion, still found in Volvos and Nissans, and the rear of the new CR-V is probably the main drawback of the current design. I hoped to break that with the modulo kit, but also "tasteful" (IMHO) wraps around some areas and the hope of probably some aftermarket LED (once they become available).

Again, I will post them up once I fitted them on.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    what a nice comment. there is no need for 7 seat option, Forrester, CX-5 RAV 4 none have 7 seat option, do some research first. Diesel is coming this year. Its selling very well and there is a good wait to get models.
    If you want to post up at least get some facts correct first. child.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    what a nice comment. there is no need for 7 seat option, Forrester, CX-5 RAV 4 none have 7 seat option, do some research first. Diesel is coming this year. Its selling very well and there is a good wait to get models.
    CR-V doesn't have a 7 seater option ever, at close to 4.6m length, the 3rd rows are fairly useless. But if Honda plays their cards right and release a new MDX (acura MDX) in the states, the large SUV at 4.8m and longer could accommodate the 3rd low fairly comfortably.

Diesel engine i-Dtec in Europe is a good thing, but tbh, I am not 100% sure if they are ever going to bring it in. As it stands, there are now already 5 variants for the CR-V. If you have diesel, then it may go up to 7 variants, and hence may be a bad thing due to cannibalism and dilution. And since it will be manufactured in Swindon in the UK , the price differentiation will have to cover the costs of manufacture and transport, and my guesstimate list around the 50k mark and above; uncomfortably close to the large SUVs - Santa Fe, Muranos, Jeep GCs, CX-9s.

As a general consensus, what do folks here think of the colour scheme below? I was already in the mind of such a scheme, good that AMG came up with it as well, notably with the side mirrors cherry red and darkened emblems?

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by wh1tehat View Post
    CR-V doesn't have a 7 seater option ever, at close to 4.6m length, the 3rd rows are fairly useless. But if Honda plays their cards right and release a new MDX (acura MDX) in the states, the large SUV at 4.8m and longer could accommodate the 3rd low fairly comfortably.

Diesel engine i-Dtec in Europe is a good thing, but tbh, I am not 100% sure if they are ever going to bring it in. As it stands, there are now already 5 variants for the CR-V. If you have diesel, then it may go up to 7 variants, and hence may be a bad thing due to cannibalism and dilution. And since it will be manufactured in Swindon in the UK , the price differentiation will have to cover the costs of manufacture and transport, and my guesstimate list around the 50k mark and above; uncomfortably close to the large SUVs - Santa Fe, Muranos, Jeep GCs, CX-9s.
    the diesel will be here 3/4 of this year. I agree on price but the CX5 is close to 50k with everything and diesel and thats the biggest competitor. it does get close to the other larger SUV's but not luxury models ect more base models. We are getting the earthdreams civic hatch diesel next month and im really looking forward to it. Only prob is manual as most are manual in UK. the CRV will be auto.
    The civic is built in swindon and is very competiative on price with all other jap/korean hatches in the same market.

oh and BTW i have purchased a new CRV in the Orchid white also. Get it next week and cant wait! best colour ever!

the diesel will be here 3/4 of this year. I agree on price but the CX5 is close to 50k with everything and diesel and thats the biggest competitor. it does get close to the other larger SUV's but not luxury models ect more base models. We are getting the earthdreams civic hatch diesel next month and im really looking forward to it. Only prob is manual as most are manual in UK. the CRV will be auto.
    The civic is built in swindon and is very competiative on price with all other jap/korean hatches in the same market.

oh and BTW i have purchased a new CRV in the Orchid white also. Get it next week and cant wait! best colour ever!
    Gratz on the cr-v.

The europe version also has drl by default, and the higher spec has power tailgate and panaromic sunroof, i am not sure if the same will be imported here. Market positioning in some european countries differs from australia. Eg. The crv in some countries is priced the same as the volvo xc60. Go figure.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Haha.....u r funny ..typical sales man voice ... Make a lot of noise but doesn't make much sense. Around 45k mark more ppl would go for Kluger rather than rav4. When crv heads on with Santa fe diesel. It loses every prospect... Selling well? U don't expect ppl to buy accord or accord euro any more do u?
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Haha.....u r funny ..typical sales man voice ... Make a lot of noise but doesn't make much sense. Around 45k mark more ppl would go for Kluger rather than rav4. When crv heads on with Santa fe diesel. It loses every prospect... Selling well? U don't expect ppl to buy accord or accord euro any more do u?
    what would i know? ive only been doing this for 7 years. I do know u are an idiot with no idea. all mid SUV around 45k sell very well inlc CRV, CX-5 and now RAV 4.
    where do u get all your facts from? please tell me as i seem to have no idea on whats selling and market demand for any segment.

what would i know? ive only been doing this for 7 years. I do know u are an idiot with no idea. all mid SUV around 45k sell very well inlc CRV, CX-5 and now RAV 4.
    where do u get all your facts from? please tell me as i seem to have no idea on whats selling and market demand for any segment.
    True to a large extent. Strangely enough, the offerings from today's SUVs have a fairly large price range, and probably one of the highest variance of any segment.

However, I believe there's a perceived upper limit for mid sized SUVs to be 50K, and 7 seater SUVs to be upper limited at 65K, and anything above that seems to go into luxury range. At the lower end, it is now starting from 30K.

Once the CR-V and CX-5 cross the threshold of 50K, it starts competing and cannibalising into the 7 seater mid level spec SUV (eg CX-9, Kluger, Santa Fe Elite) or the semi luxury variants (Murano, BMW X1).

Honda is best to bring in a MDX to compete in the 45- 65K range, which is sorely missing from Honda's range now.

On a separate note, if the RAV4 came in a hybrid engine, the case would have been more compelling, but without rear seat air and nothing really special (at least they have a v6 last model), I wouldn't know to what extent would a RAV4 sell other than being a toyota.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    ohh. for working for honda for 7 years....good on u. i envy u ....honestly... the new rav 4 has a diesel option so does the new cx-5. sign....cough....

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    ohh. for working for honda for 7 years....good on u. i envy u ....honestly... the new rav 4 has a diesel option so does the new cx-5. sign....cough....
    tell me about it. Honda are so slow! we will get the diesel but prob not till this year to early next. It will come though. These things do happen. Look at Mazda, the cx5 only came in 2.0 and diesel for arounf 6 months. The key engine was the 2.5 in that time and they didnt have one.

Took the family for a spin up to the hills on the weekend in the CRV loved it. Did really well with 4 adults and a baby.