Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    what a nice comment. there is no need for 7 seat option, Forrester, CX-5 RAV 4 none have 7 seat option, do some research first. Diesel is coming this year. Its selling very well and there is a good wait to get models.
    If you want to post up at least get some facts correct first. child.
    CR-V doesn't have a 7 seater option ever, at close to 4.6m length, the 3rd rows are fairly useless. But if Honda plays their cards right and release a new MDX (acura MDX) in the states, the large SUV at 4.8m and longer could accommodate the 3rd low fairly comfortably.

Diesel engine i-Dtec in Europe is a good thing, but tbh, I am not 100% sure if they are ever going to bring it in. As it stands, there are now already 5 variants for the CR-V. If you have diesel, then it may go up to 7 variants, and hence may be a bad thing due to cannibalism and dilution. And since it will be manufactured in Swindon in the UK , the price differentiation will have to cover the costs of manufacture and transport, and my guesstimate list around the 50k mark and above; uncomfortably close to the large SUVs - Santa Fe, Muranos, Jeep GCs, CX-9s.

As a general consensus, what do folks here think of the colour scheme below? I was already in the mind of such a scheme, good that AMG came up with it as well, notably with the side mirrors cherry red and darkened emblems?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    do like that red/black/white theme
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by wh1tehat View Post
    CR-V doesn't have a 7 seater option ever, at close to 4.6m length, the 3rd rows are fairly useless. But if Honda plays their cards right and release a new MDX (acura MDX) in the states, the large SUV at 4.8m and longer could accommodate the 3rd low fairly comfortably.

Diesel engine i-Dtec in Europe is a good thing, but tbh, I am not 100% sure if they are ever going to bring it in. As it stands, there are now already 5 variants for the CR-V. If you have diesel, then it may go up to 7 variants, and hence may be a bad thing due to cannibalism and dilution. And since it will be manufactured in Swindon in the UK , the price differentiation will have to cover the costs of manufacture and transport, and my guesstimate list around the 50k mark and above; uncomfortably close to the large SUVs - Santa Fe, Muranos, Jeep GCs, CX-9s.
    the diesel will be here 3/4 of this year. I agree on price but the CX5 is close to 50k with everything and diesel and thats the biggest competitor. it does get close to the other larger SUV's but not luxury models ect more base models. We are getting the earthdreams civic hatch diesel next month and im really looking forward to it. Only prob is manual as most are manual in UK. the CRV will be auto.
    The civic is built in swindon and is very competiative on price with all other jap/korean hatches in the same market.

oh and BTW i have purchased a new CRV in the Orchid white also. Get it next week and cant wait! best colour ever!
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

the diesel will be here 3/4 of this year. I agree on price but the CX5 is close to 50k with everything and diesel and thats the biggest competitor. it does get close to the other larger SUV's but not luxury models ect more base models. We are getting the earthdreams civic hatch diesel next month and im really looking forward to it. Only prob is manual as most are manual in UK. the CRV will be auto.
    The civic is built in swindon and is very competiative on price with all other jap/korean hatches in the same market.

oh and BTW i have purchased a new CRV in the Orchid white also. Get it next week and cant wait! best colour ever!
    Gratz on the cr-v.

The europe version also has drl by default, and the higher spec has power tailgate and panaromic sunroof, i am not sure if the same will be imported here. Market positioning in some european countries differs from australia. Eg. The crv in some countries is priced the same as the volvo xc60. Go figure.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    lol FAIL honda. just found out diesel crv not out till next year now. been delayed . booooooooooo
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

lol FAIL honda. just found out diesel crv not out till next year now. been delayed . booooooooooo
    As stated above, I'm not surprised actually. The diesel engine on the Honda is actually pretty good, and demand in Europe is pretty high for those engines, but rest of world isn't that high to justify. Other than Europe, India and Australia are probably the highest demand for Diesel engines, but since both countries are sourced from Thailand, the supply chain for those engines are not well thought of yet. Any special arrangement will simply be too costly.

Mazda deems Australia to be one of the most important market, but Honda sadly isn't. Whilst I don't like it, I do understand the economics behind it. There are indeed bigger markets for Honda to address.

I would imagine for the diesel CR-V to be in Australia, a mid life refresh for the Thai Made CR-V model to include DRLs etc is required, and hence would at least be mid 2014. Around that time, demand for Diesel engines in the US, India and rest of countries would have caught up, and hence justify production of such engine in Thailand/Japan/US(for US market).

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    what a nice comment. there is no need for 7 seat option, Forrester, CX-5 RAV 4 none have 7 seat option, do some research first. Diesel is coming this year. Its selling very well and there is a good wait to get models.
    If you want to post up at least get some facts correct first. child.
    Haha.....u r funny ..typical sales man voice ... Make a lot of noise but doesn't make much sense. Around 45k mark more ppl would go for Kluger rather than rav4. When crv heads on with Santa fe diesel. It loses every prospect... Selling well? U don't expect ppl to buy accord or accord euro any more do u?
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Nice car, i like the rims too!

Is it just me or are the front wheels running Positive Camber?

Have you had a wheel alignment done?
    OHSC

Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    Nice car, i like the rims too!

Is it just me or are the front wheels running Positive Camber?

Have you had a wheel alignment done?
    Thanks for the compliments. It looks to be positive because of the low offset of the wheels causing it to look protruding out a little. I had it done, but I will probably get a 2nd opinion as well to be safe, since you have made the observation and you are from a suspension business

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    The positive camber look is pretty normal from factory. If you look at the FD civics (stock ones) you will also notice the positive camber look at the front. It is even more obvious with wider rims and lowering as the rear gets more -ve.

Hence I have gotten front and rear camber kits for my cars whenever I lower and get get rims to adjust the look.
    Old man that drives slow cars

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    The positive camber look is pretty normal from factory. If you look at the FD civics (stock ones) you will also notice the positive camber look at the front. It is even more obvious with wider rims and lowering as the rear gets more -ve.

Hence I have gotten front and rear camber kits for my cars whenever I lower and get get rims to adjust the look.
    Thanks mate. Points noted, didnt quite know that

I doubt I will be getting the camber kits though, lowering springs itself is tad hard to justify to the Mrs for now. She likes the ride height.