Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

AMR engineering coilovers

Anyone purchased from http://www.amrengineering.com/ before? or used their product or any experience with them?

looking into purchasing a set but he said the wait time is 7-8 weeks not sure if i should pay in full and wait.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Havent heard of them

they look good though,says theyre assembled in usa but Im assuming made in taiwan/china?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I read on honda-tech they are custom made in the USA and get parts from other companies like swift, hyperco and etc...but i wanna see if anyone in australia has purchased from them before price is about 1.6-1.8k shipped with everything you need camber adjustable top mount rebound adjustable and custom springrate and valving. So sounds pretty good...

Well the brands you mention are all spring manufacturers so that won't give you much clue about damper competence...

The other brands mentioned on the website [Nok, HAAS Automation, Aurora Bearing] are various component/machinery manufacturers. If you can find a good few long pages of reviews on AMR coilovers without too much bias BS and inexperienced reviewers [It's amazing the change people undergo when they experience one good thing then when changed to another say the previous is not so great after all...] then you can make the call better =)
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    Quote Originally Posted by an93l View Post
    Anyone purchased from http://www.amrengineering.com/ before? or used their product or any experience with them?

looking into purchasing a set but he said the wait time is 7-8 weeks not sure if i should pay in full and wait.
    Hi, I've got them on my track dedicated eg2 and instantly shaved 2 seconds off my p.b.
    They are a great product, I pulled my teins out to run these and noticed a huge difference!
    Every click on dampening adj makes a difference, they go nice and low with plenty of travel.
    Ill also add Andy is great to deal with. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone.

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Havent heard of them

they look good though,says theyre assembled in usa but Im assuming made in taiwan/china?
    They are all machined in house and I'm pretty sure in Canada. The springs are outsourced to two company's swift and function7
    I ended up going with swift as I needed them before an event and F7 were on back order.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by dc5dave View Post
    Hi, I've got them on my track dedicated eg2 and instantly shaved 2 seconds off my p.b.
    They are a great product, I pulled my teins out to run these and noticed a huge difference!
    Every click on dampening adj makes a difference, they go nice and low with plenty of travel.
    Ill also add Andy is great to deal with. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone.
    Which Tein's did you use? What spring rates? How old were they?
    What are the specs on the AMR? Spring rates?

Just for the extra information on the comparison.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    I was running brand new super streets which come with pretty soft spring rates for eg/dc
    The AMR's I got 16 front 12 rear so pretty stiff for a small car but they are perfect.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Yeah SS are very very soft

hence the name

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    Yeah they are rubbish, no travel what so ever.
    I've driven plenty of fast cars with high end set ups I.e r34 GTR with tein super-racing, a spirit R with Ohlins so my comparison is not made directly between the super streets and the AMR's I'm running.
    They are all round a good coilover!
    and the only company to give a lifetime warranty on dampers which is pretty convincing in my book

Quote Originally Posted by dc5dave View Post
    Yeah they are rubbish, no travel what so ever.
    Tein or AMR?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    The teins I used are rubbish
    You have to spend big bucks to get quality teins.
    I had Apexi coilovers on my dc5 which lastest a year and the dampers started leaking and rattling.
    I'm all for AMR