Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2K

Looking at buying XD9

hey guys in the market for some work emotions xd9. i was thinking about getting 17 X 8.5 [+32] at the fronts and 17 X 9.5 [+28] at the rears matte black [MBL].

Im open to spec recommendation as im not too sure how aggressive these may be on the s2k.

Black s2k with matte black wheels. What would you guys think?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15

more photos here http://photobucket.com/alps2k

Front 18x9 +43 with 225/35/18 - not too much stretch, if i could do it again, i would've gone 205/40/18

Rear 18x10 +38 with 255/35/18 - not too much stretch, if i could do it again, i would've gone 235/40/18

fitment wasn't too bad.. needed to relocate rear bumper tabs, shave off some of the rear bumper, obviously roll guards.. and have 4.5 degree camber on rear and 3.5 front.

that's why i would stretch tyres a bit more.. But, you're going 17s.. dunno how they'll go.. depends what you want, do you want practical for track and not much hassle from the 'po po'?, or do you want stance look with mega dish etc?
    Last edited by ALPS; 27-02-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    that's pretty intense stuff ALPS. Yeah i dont mind some track days, and for the popo if it happens then it happens. ill be keeping my stock wheels so if i get defect ill just switch them over and raise the car.

hey Alps i know its a hypothetical but if you had gone the second option in tyres would that have changed your camber setting drastically or was it more for stretched look.the reason i ask is because i have a very similar set up going on my car and cant make my mind up what size tyres. im really keen on the wide look of the 255 on the rear but 4.5 camber is pretty aggressive. im not sure if i wanna pull my guards as the guard roller could buckle and crack the paint and become a very expensive exercise.when i bought my wheels they came with a brand new pair of 245 40 18 on the front but im not sure if they would work on the back, your thoughts would be appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Purely because of fitment reasons as I wouldn't have need to go so aggressive on the camber or the guard rolling.. The taller tread/wall will allow for the narrower size to stretch. Plus it'll sit a lot more flush and would look amazing. All pluses.
    i don't get my reputation points from spam threads.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Trust me and go for 205/40/18 on a 9 inch wide for the front an 235/40/18 on 10 inch wide for the rear. If you want an easy and flush fitment.. It is stretching extremely though it would be amazing. You could put the 245/40/18 on the rears and give it a go. Would be not bad n save you from buying new tread..
    i don't get my reputation points from spam threads.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k/JDMDC2/ ED6
    Im only running 3.5 neg on the rear now and never rubs alps still with the 255 30 18

What have you done to your guards vti rrr. Do the rear wheels stick out much from the guard and what have you got on the front. Alps I feel a 205 40 is to extreme, Im contemplating 215 40 18 up front though. There is a guy in the us with a bb on bbs lm's and it looks amazing the guy went 215/40 up front and 235/40 at the rear. He said the good thing with that set up was he didn't have to lower the car so much because of the higher profile.mind you your height looked great but I'm not sure if you had any troubles with speed humps and drive ways as I plan to run a downforce front splitter underneath my ap2 lip and side diffusers

Hey is it fair to say a 215/40/18 will sit very similar to a 225/35/18 once stretched

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k/JDMDC2/ ED6
    i own alps old car and i didnt do much just rolled them a little more on the rear but its nothing crazy. they stick out pretty much the same as in the pics above just with less camber. the 17X9.5 +28 is pretty aggressive id go a +35 if your going to run a 9.5 and go with a 225 or 235 on the rear no point running a narrower tires then stock you will loose grip and handeling of the car thats my option