Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    the type of tyre you're running also makes a very big difference, some dont stretch as well as others.. so hard to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by (Ryanswhites2k) View Post
    Hey is it fair to say a 215/40/18 will sit very similar to a 225/35/18 once stretched

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    check out tyrestretch.com

Quote Originally Posted by VTI-RRR View Post
    Im only running 3.5 neg on the rear now and never rubs alps still with the 255 30 18
    Hey what brand of tyres are you using and can you take a photo with the new alignment from the rear so I could see how its sitting now. Ill be getting tyres in the coming weeks as my wheels are just getting refurbished now. My email is ryanw82@hotmail.com

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k/JDMDC2/ ED6
    Hey what brand of tyres are you using and can you take a photo with the new alignment from the rear so I could see how its sitting now. Ill be getting tyres in the coming weeks as my wheels are just getting refurbished now. My email is ryanw82@hotmail.com
    no problem mate ill take some pics tomoorrow during the day bit dark now to see it properly. and im running ku31s

Thanks heaps mate, I like the kuhmo ku31's I had them on my old wheels and thought value forint they are great but wasn't sure if they stretched much

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    ku19s at the front, ku31 at the rear..
    tempe.tyres on ebay sells em very very cheap and free postage.. make sure you get em from them online, devliery time was fantastic to, coming from sydney.
    you just need to keep an eye out, as the sizes they offer on there keep varying. reason to why i only got ku19s for the front. but they're still great tyre.

Thanks heaps mate, I like the kuhmo ku31's I had them on my old wheels and thought value forint they are great but wasn't sure if they stretched much

I'm from Sydney so I don't have to worry about shipping but I'm sort of worried about them fitting the tyres as I read on a forum that they haven't got much experience in stretching tyres. I realise its only one forum but I've just paid a fair bit to get my work wheels refurbished and don't want someone hacking my new lips

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    yeh then dont get them to fit em find someone reputable.. and always tell whoever is working with them to wrap some tape or something similar around the socket so it doesnt damage the rim.. alot of people just go rough and demolish the wheels.. tell em not to lay em on the side n shit like that, it'll give you chips..
    I'm from Sydney so I don't have to worry about shipping but I'm sort of worried about them fitting the tyres as I read on a forum that they haven't got much experience in stretching tyres. I realise its only one forum but I've just paid a fair bit to get my work wheels refurbished and don't want someone hacking my new lips

Quote Originally Posted by VTI-RRR View Post
    no problem mate ill take some pics tomoorrow during the day bit dark now to see it properly. and im running ku31s
    Hey mate did you end up taking those photos yet to send me. By the way did you change your tyres from 255 35 18 to 255 30 18 or was it a typo

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    typo. they're definately 255/35/18.. look the whole point of tyre stretchind and guard rolling and things like that all started because of people chewing through tyres when drifting and saving money by buying smaller sized tyres for les or whatever was available etcc.. you've got 245/40/18s.. put them on and do what you need to. think about it the original way.

Hey mate did you end up taking those photos yet to send me. By the way did you change your tyres from 255 35 18 to 255 30 18 or was it a typo

I'm more than happy to put the 245 40 18 on the rear but im under the assumption they don't fit well as all my research has not seen anyone go that particular size, hence im believing it wont work as the profile will be to high and wide.I realise I may be going on a bit but I don't see the harm on getting as much info as I can.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    make em fit.