Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    that satisfying feel

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamjoeldavis View Post
    I have beaten commys, even porsches in my civic in hillcimbs, motorkhanas and khanacross haha, I always get the same reaction- How can this purple little shit beat my v8 (or porsche) haha best feeling of beating!
    cool story but as i had asked 2 pages ago why do u think a b16b b18c7 or b18cr are your only options, why not just get a b18c2 or a b16a? why spend so much on the wank factor?
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    i know, my story needs more dragons in them! Anyway I am only saying them cause i know what they are good engines from rumors, but i havent heard how hard the b18c2's or b16a's are. Plus I just bought a spare D16Y4 engine and gearbox (i justed needed the gearbox but it was going cheap) and if I end up having good money to my civic- I will rebuild that spare engine (with froged pistons/ conrods, better camshaft, maybe boore the piston chambers, etc..) and turbo the engine and when its finish, i take my old original d16y4 engine and use that as spare and then i have a d series turbo ek civic haha. But only if it does go ahead, right now i need to pick it up from this guy (just bought it few hours ago) and save my money up/ sell my other car

interesting thread (Y) subscribed =P
    https://www.facebook.com/ISOMedia.Photography

WP: 1:10.0
    Winton: 1:40.5
    Marulan: 0:48.7

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    My 2 cents, low comp pistions. HKS turbo and tune. Best bang for buck for d series. Anything dseries in interchangeable, heads gearbox's and so on. If your planning to stay na b18c2 ur best bet cheap and better torque from teh hillclimb. I still reckon dseries turbo will be the best that torque increase is beautiful. I would get the double over head cam non vtec head and turbo it.

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    Quote Originally Posted by FongPei View Post
    interesting thread (Y) subscribed =P
    Haha first it was the stupidest question and now its an interesting thread -.-

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    My 2 cents, low comp pistions. HKS turbo and tune. Best bang for buck for d series. Anything dseries in interchangeable, heads gearbox's and so on. If your planning to stay na b18c2 ur best bet cheap and better torque from teh hillclimb. I still reckon dseries turbo will be the best that torque increase is beautiful. I would get the double over head cam non vtec head and turbo it.
    yeah true, thats basically is what i want. But firstly... Suspenison, Brakes, POWER!! Body, then interior.... i am hoping i can get past power at least haha.
    I want to pass one of my life goals since I was little- to have my car on front or in a car magazine haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    I still think instead of chasing killerwasps your best bang for bucks mod will be changing the gearing in your gearbox and fitting an lsd, especially if you have a second gearbox laying around as this will work so much better on hillclimbs and autocross
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    I still think instead of chasing killerwasps your best bang for bucks mod will be changing the gearing in your gearbox and fitting an lsd, especially if you have a second gearbox laying around as this will work so much better on hillclimbs and autocross

This. Shorter final drive and an LSD = laughing. Same feel as thousands spent on power mods with so much more usable power.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    true but it depends what hes looking to do with the car other then the occasional track/hill climb. but yea gearing is the trick if your looking at that sort of build but if its also your daily then you cant go crazy...
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    With this LSD gearbox, what car would it come from? I know the b16b's has lsd but that wont fit?? will it? I am not saying i will buy one just yet but just curious.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    I can supply a H.Drive Racing LSD that will fit your D series gearbox. Also have different final drive ratio's and crossmission gearsets available
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    R33 Skyline
    Some ZC boxes had LSDs