Member Array
    Car:
    WEEEEETEK

Post K20A Registered to Chasis

Anyone know if it is possible to legally register k20a to an eg/ek body in VIC? Currently in Adelaide but moving to Melbourne mid year and plan to do a swap. Any info would be great ! Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    all you need to do is get an engineering report and then bring that to Vicroads to complete the new engine registration.

It all depends on how picky the engineer guy is. You might get off lucky and less things need to be changed/added to comply with the standards.

Member Array
    Car:
    WEEEEETEK
    alright so it can be done ! lol cant even do that here in SA

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    mnc is correct. Best to speak to an engineer before you start though. If you want some free advice drop me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steve93 View Post
    Anyone know if it is possible to legally register k20a to an eg/ek body in VIC? Currently in Adelaide but moving to Melbourne mid year and plan to do a swap. Any info would be great ! Thanks
    its more than just put the engine in and expect thats all required - everything has to match equal or surpass the braking ability of the original chassis it came from too.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    When you move to Melbourne let me know, as i can tell you exactly what you will need and I also have a very good vass engineer
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8