Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic

EK Civic differences

Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a 99-00 EK Honda Civic Sedan in manual, and wanted to know if there was any major differences in the suspension layout, chassis layout and anything of interest between previous EK's and also between the hatch and sedans.

For reference...;

It's that series (EK1?) not an EM1..

From what I gather, the majority of this series only came in GLi form (in AUS, I've only seen one VTi for sale), and as such my main focus would be bettering its suspension and handling characteristics (sway bars, LCA, subframe, etc) before power (lol d series). Sooo if someone could lend me some guidance that would be great!

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    All suspension is the same thoughout the em/ek series. As in they are all interchangable.

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    Quote Originally Posted by PHO View Post
    All suspension is the same thoughout the em/ek series. As in they are all interchangable.
    Awesome, simple and uncomplicated. Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by carayan View Post
    Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a 99-00 EK Honda Civic Sedan in manual, and wanted to know if there was any major differences in the suspension layout, chassis layout and anything of interest between previous EK's and also between the hatch and sedans.

For reference...;

It's that series (EK1?) not an EM1..

From what I gather, the majority of this series only came in GLi form (in AUS, I've only seen one VTi for sale), and as such my main focus would be bettering its suspension and handling characteristics (sway bars, LCA, subframe, etc) before power (lol d series). Sooo if someone could lend me some guidance that would be great!
    EM1's are basically the 2door coupe models

I think the VTi EK Sedans have a VTEC engine? Could be mistaken though. GLi Sedans come with a D16Y4 though.

But yeah suspension is the same through all of them.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    another cool thing with the Coupe and Sedan EK's is the bracing is more sturdier than the hatch so you don't really have the need to get bracings for the rear

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    y8 = Ej8 only (96 - 98)
    Y5 = Vti Sedans (96 - 00)
    Y1 = Eg5 (93 - 95)

All d-bangers vtak yo!

D16 has all the power u need to get upto traffic speed, than once u start getting into freeway speeds, power becomes obsolete LOL, d-series for life!
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    Quote Originally Posted by limiteR View Post
    another cool thing with the Coupe and Sedan EK's is the bracing is more sturdier than the hatch so you don't really have the need to get bracings for the rear
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    y8 = Ej8 only (96 - 98)
    Y5 = Vti Sedans (96 - 00)
    Y1 = Eg5 (93 - 95)

All d-bangers vtak yo!

D16 has all the power u need to get upto traffic speed, than once u start getting into freeway speeds, power becomes obsolete LOL, d-series for life!
    LOL, d series best series.

I'd get an EM1, but the cheapest I have found is $5kish, and after I sell my car I'll be left with about ~$4k, not leaving me much to pick up a nice EM1 coupe, only really an ek1 sedan, although it's interesting to hear that the coupe is sturdier than the hatch!

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by carayan View Post
    I'd get an EM1, but the cheapest I have found is $5kish, and after I sell my car I'll be left with about ~$4k, not leaving me much to pick up a nice EM1 coupe...
    dang, i got my EM1 late last year for around $8000, with 140,XXX on the clock bone stock with king springs.

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    Quote Originally Posted by limiteR View Post
    dang, i got my EM1 late last year for around $8000, with 140,XXX on the clock bone stock with king springs.
    Yeah it was a bit higher, like 190k