Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Prang in carpark..how much to fix?

Had to happen sooner or later a car reversed into me. Just wondering how much this will cost to fix ..Car still drives fine damage doesn't appear to be too bad. Need a new headlight too..

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    Quote Originally Posted by akelly View Post
    Had to happen sooner or later a car reversed into me. Just wondering how much this will cost to fix ..Car still drives fine damage doesn't appear to be too bad. Need a new headlight too..
    instead of asking people on the net go get a quote !
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    also you can source out the parts . make a WTB section here !
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Quote Originally Posted by eren View Post
    instead of asking people on the net go get a quote !
    Its called panel beaters are closed at 5~ so just asking for an opinion to get an idea of how much it might cost. So angus can be peppered.

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    Quote Originally Posted by PHO View Post
    Its called panel beaters are closed at 5~ so just asking for an opinion to get an idea of how much it might cost. So angus can be peppered.
    lols , well if he wants peoples opions i say , $2.50

jks , fender + bumper + headlight = 200 - 400. without respray lul
    SingleCammerJammer

tbh if it's just the fender, try and find one from a wreck and try to get a cash settlement from the person at fault, just get a few quotes then tell them you will fix yourself for $100 cheaper

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    unless of course.. it was a hit and run

I think you're looking at a good $500
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    $70-100 for a guard + $100-150 for paint

so basically $300 max.
    OEM parts whore

Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    $70-100 for a guard + $100-150 for paint

so basically $300 max.
    No proper workshop / repairer would give you a quote of $300 max - id say closer to $6-700 to fix that. Its not just a fender and some paint. All clips / fasteners will be quoted to fix etc too !

Guy that hit me said he will use his insurance should be ok. Was just wondering what something like this can cost if I had to pay for it myself. His car is a lot worse of then mine!

Quote Originally Posted by akelly View Post
    Guy that hit me said he will use his insurance should be ok. Was just wondering what something like this can cost if I had to pay for it myself. His car is a lot worse of then mine!

IMO read what i said above.

I would take all his details , tell your insurer and let them take care of everything. Dont think about taking the guys money and pocketing it.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    IMO read what i said above.

I would take all his details , tell your insurer and let them take care of everything. Dont think about taking the guys money and pocketing it.
    Why not? If you can get the quoted amount and fix it yourself for cheaper (or not fix it at all) and other bloke doesn't have to make a claim, win win?

My dad got T boned in rear drivers door, he went and told his insurance, had to go get a quote and fixed. Panel beaters said he should have pocketed the money or at least not go through insurance cos the cars not worth fixing and still drivable
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly