Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9

Angry Damage Caused by Smash repairer

Hello, i hope you guys can help,

Just got my car back from smash repairer, and they have caused damage to the interior of the car, ( Whole in my factory fitted recaro seat, and various dents on my door trim on the passenger door they replaced) They seem like they are going to deny the damages they have caused, and im going to contact my insurance company tomorrow, (Went through insurance) and ask them what i can do, has anyone els had this problem ?

If so what was the out come ?

Also.. can they turn around and say they didnt do it when i know they did ?

Im worried as my recaro seat and door trim are in perfect condition..

I have taken photo's of the poorly fitted door trim, and damages..

Please let me know your thoughts, as i want it to return back to its original practicaly new condition..

(Will not be naming the repairer as yet)

Thanks Alex
    JDM is Best

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Pursue it with your insurer

Friend of mine had similar problem,his dc5 interior had all overspray from paintjob and also the silver console was all scratched

eventually it was replaced and the interior cleaned professionally by RACV repair centre

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexK View Post
    Hello, i hope you guys can help,

Just got my car back from smash repairer, and they have caused damage to the interior of the car, ( Whole in my factory fitted recaro seat, and various dents on my door trim on the passenger door they replaced) They seem like they are going to deny the damages they have caused, and im going to contact my insurance company tomorrow, (Went through insurance) and ask them what i can do, has anyone els had this problem ?

If so what was the out come ?

Also.. can they turn around and say they didnt do it when i know they did ?

Im worried as my recaro seat and door trim are in perfect condition..

I have taken photo's of the poorly fitted door trim, and damages..

Please let me know your thoughts, as i want it to return back to its original practicaly new condition..

(Will not be naming the repairer as yet)

Thanks Alex
    who is the insurer if you dont mind me asking and what is the name of the smash repairer??

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    yep. had front damage. Got the car back with the front fixed and a huge dent on the driver door. I got it fixed even though they denied it! This is with just car. Full insurance

depending on the insurer, they would have different policies, if after many hours of fruitless negotiation drop the ombudsman threat and they would generally play ball.

also any evidence of the condition prior to the repairs would help in your cause.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    yep. had front damage. Got the car back with the front fixed and a huge dent on the driver door. I got it fixed even though they denied it! This is with just car. Full insurance
    Ask to speak with their internal disputes resolutions team. They now provide a lifetime warranty on repairs. The problem is the fact that they fall under the suncrop goup and now they are in the process of changing underwriters. Make sure you have evidence of the prior condition and what was the name of the smash repairer. they have the same process as NRMA & AAMI when it comes to quoting.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    To add when they access your car they take photos of it. So you can request them and proof they werent there at the assessment!