Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic

ek1 d16y4 forced induction

I currently own a d16y4 and wanted to know, would getting a full exhaust and bigger intake manifold change any power difference?
    I have also looked into doing a mini me swap, but dont know many kilowatts it would give. Would be helpful if someone knows?

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    Full exhaust will give slight power increase. Get some decent headers, for exhaust go 2.25" mild steel mandrel bent, hi flow cat, resonator (x2 resonator will be less raspy and nicer sound) and decent muffler (oval/twinloop for quieter sound)

Bigger intake manifold (skunk2?), not sure for d series but you might need a tune + bigger throttle body to be effective. power and response increase.
    Get a cold air intake or a boxed up short ram intake first before you change i.m and t.b

d16y1 and y8 are rated at 96kw stated from factory, but usually around 80ish kw atw's. doing mini me swap will net you roughly around there tho not 100% sure

Why is forced induction in title? you going turbo or keeping n/a?

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    even after with an aftermarket exhaust and an intake manifold, the power produced out of those mods to the d16y4 will not be very noticeable at all. Apart from more noise but that's it.

You're better off adding in a tad more money and start of with something like a b18c2. Spending more money on i/h/e for the d16y4 wont net you much gains at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    spend the money on boost setup an u b laughing at engine swaps all day long
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    HondaCivic MA9
    imo n/a d-series is building for building, turbo/supercharger will give you more gain for less money.
    on the other hand i'm building n/a d15 minime just 'cause i'm curious =)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Was thinking of a mini swap but i guess its not much a of gain in power..
    Probly just go with turboing it.
    But what would be needed for that?