Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by philipminge View Post
    ok there is some serious heat comin from this thread. lol dont wanna make pple fight....

thanks for your imput Dreadangel - and everyone else.... awesome to read all this...

ok im going to be 100% honest here. int dist/toda you are right... i am not looking for FI. I want to stay NA. i have a lot of friends who believe in turbos and V8's.... and with the car in 100% stock form i can stay right beside a BA XR8 Ute (because they are shit).
    the car will be tracked and as we all know turbo cars do struggle in the heat.... and 70% of the people i know who own turbo cars always have issues....i have many cousins and mates telling me im wasting my time and they will smash any s2000... bla bla bla

i have been a honda freak since i was 15 and always believed in NA. im staying NA 100%

now i have this AP2 that i spend a shit load on... im not going to do anything half way.

the last thing i have to do to it is seats, engine and gauges.... everything else is done.... i think

everyone is saying do handling stuff etc.... its all done...

brakes as long as you run braided lines and i ran ferodo ds2500 on my last s2000... nevr had any brake fade

as mentioned earlier im running HKS headers, BERK cat but a TP on the track and a J's 70rs... also have a password JDM intake...

My question is i guess do i go cam and tune... or just bigger throttle body and tune... or just a tune...

my last s2000 i pulled 15rwkw just from Exhaust, cat, headers and intake..... no tune... im confident im going to get some good power... just dont know if its worth the extra $$$ for cams... for 5kw im not going to bother... ill still shit on their lap times... lol
    i want to show my stupid mates what you can do with a NA 2L. and show myself of course!!!!!!!

im so keen to get this shit right i bought a car hoist and installed that and have a mechanic come to mine to do all the work with me and infront of me... no half arse shit and no1 touches this thing without me there.... lol (bad experience with some mechanics....)

i can real off a list of what the car has.... but i wont... all ill say is it has cost me over 19k in parts...

and i have effin finshed.... still dont have rims and tires and seats and a computer and gauges.....

so from all this info you guys have given me.... im still not sure... lol

but if we are gonna talk its NA only talk... lol I'd love a s/c but no... against my religion... for my personal car no FI
    i slaughter every ss/xr8 with boltons everytime just have to launch it correctly.

get cams an tb and tune it. also if u havent already, get final drive, light weight flywheel, lsd, tyres, clutch.

if u got money and stil insist, get stroker kit, e85 fuel setup, port/polish, oversize valves. thats all i can think of atm.
    lots of $$$.

Account Disabled Array
    210 hp n/a is achievable on OEM f20c.

Quote Originally Posted by ALPS View Post
    i understand the want to stay NA and be purist.. but i don't understand the want to blow away money on mods that alter the way the engine runs NA and just add pointless extra stress on the motor for a couple more HP.. it runs fine as it is stock.. you're alot better off blowing away that money on different mods that actually make a big difference.. weight reduction - be it cf body parts, remove the soft top, lighter wheels, lighter seats etc.. / brakes - braided lines, better pads, better rotors, BBK if you like, better airflow to cool brakes. / suspension - good coils, adjustable arms / rigidity - sway bars, braces. / aero dynamics and the list goes on. these sort of mods would make heaps more noticeable changes... until you say F*&k it! now im going FI..
    You really only add potentially damaging stress though if you start increasing the redline to take advantage of the more aggressive cams?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    And cams are what this thread is about?

Although it did move on to headers lol
    Last edited by ALPS; 17-03-2013 at 11:53 AM.
    i don't get my reputation points from spam threads.

I got lost lol

Step 1 cams shouldn't add much stress, in many cases it can free up the engine from stress...

Inbe4morespam
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    lol have new tyres, new TODA light weight flywheel, new HD clutch from exedy... LSD is perfect still... no way im changing untill its shagged.. lol

maybe cams... bc stage 2 or toda spec a2 cams.

not going to raise redline. if they cand do the job at 9000 well bad luck.

im still working it all out.

really the motor is all that i cant decide. bit by bit ill get there.

see how i go.

just want to get the thing on the road to test my suspension. lol.

once the car is on the road i might continue this thread... if people dont mine.

everyones input has been sik. and for the meople in melbourne... the first thing when this is on the road ill be doing a mountain cruize... maybe up kinglake, across to heilsville and up through the spur to marysville then up lake mountain...

are there any people interested???? lol dont want to change the thread... but want a show of interest.

thanks to everyone who has helped me with all this... awesome opinions... love it.

ONE MORE QUESTION. car has 80xxxkms on it... i just put my new sump etc etc but while gearbox is out do i change my Rear Main Seal??? anyone wanna throw in a thought.... ?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    sorry just read page 6... didnt know it was at page 7... lol

the point is not of the money guy... the point is that an NA car can still be quick, reliable, fun and a track machine.

i guess in a way - 5whp from the headers, say 3-4 from high flow cat say 5-6 from exhaust... looking at 15 ish whp.... thats what im after. not just bolting headers and that it.... i guess only time will tell.... give me another month or 2 and hopefully i can come back to people with results...

Member Array
    even if it looks fine change it anyway. consider it as a insurance.
    get genuine seal ,they arent that exspensive compare to aftermarket.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    yeh i just ordered one today. gonna do it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by honda_zivic View Post
    even if it looks fine change it anyway. consider it as a insurance.
    get genuine seal ,they arent that exspensive compare to aftermarket.
    This guy knows^

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    Yep!

I did the comparision 5yrs ago.
    I posted a thread, a graph from back 2 back and all.

Result was 5whp gain across the board with a set of Toda headers.
    Busy as always, but this is about right, 5-8 whp dyno and condition dependant for a header swap. Was that a standard set or a set or Torquie Kun's Ludecrs?

For people that were interested and asked for it to be posted, a set of Toda A2 Camshafts, Cam gears, Valve Springs & either Toda header along with a Flashpro, is $4725.00 and includes GST and delivery within Australia, this fitted and tuned you are looking at a 15-20kw gain with a few inlet mods. For all clients that buy K or F series camshafts from me, I make available to them the Toda Valve spring removal tool, this allows the springs and cams to be removed without removing the head, saving a head service, gasket set and also a few hours of labour, which normally saves you at least $1000 odd in the swap, making it a more affordable upgrade also.

As it has been said, the bang for buck or benefit for cost, is debatable, but thats what makes us as car owners different, but when people say spend that money on FI, sure the gain will be more, but is that what the owner wants, possibly not, and it doesnt seem in this case with the OP.

S2Krazy Array
    Quote Originally Posted by INT DIST/TODA View Post
    Busy as always, but this is about right, 5-8 whp dyno and condition dependant for a header swap. Was that a standard set or a set or Torquie Kun's Ludecrs?
    Forget now. We're going back 6+yrs here..

Quote Originally Posted by INT DIST/TODA View Post
    As it has been said, the bang for buck or benefit for cost, is debatable, but thats what makes us as car owners different, but when people say spend that money on FI, sure the gain will be more, but is that what the owner wants, possibly not, and it doesnt seem in this case with the OP.
    Just trying to put an old head on young shoulders.. I wanted nothing but NA when I first got my S2000.... Well..... the rest is history.... lol.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...