Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Im not 100% certain there could be a feature in the Hondata Flashpro that can rectify speed inaccuracy. Even so, flashpro is the way to go for AP2 S2K.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    so a hondata flash pro is the best option..... and if in the future i decide to do cams and maybe a FD, will this computer still give me enough tuning ability and flexability.

also where do you buy these suckers from?

its an AP2 but its still cable throttle.... just so you know. not TBW.... does that make a difference.

S2Krazy Array
    Too many experts not enough proof.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    Whats that meant to mean?

He's just saying too much talk, not enough erm dyno sheets and stuff I think which are only indicative anyway due to too many uncontrollable variables...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Well put Dread, there are too many variables, engine condition, other parts used, cam timing, the tuner, the dyno, the list is endless, but most of the figures I speak of were cars done over the years out of various shops that I knew of, and with the Toda parts, builds that were done by Adrian and also many cars done via another person who does a lot with S2000's, on the lookout for space currently and when a suitable spot is found, we'll have a dyno and be able to provide this, for now, its from previous builds but I still stick to the fact that cams are worthwhile in an F20C.

Wayne, you are asking a question I cant have a definate answer for, as for pricing, depending on what parts were purchased, that would depict cost, as for what someone in Melbourne will charge him for the cam install and tune is out of my hands, but if he would like a part quote, he would be more than welcome to one, then go see his shop for the services and decide if its worth his hard earned, does that answer you sufficently?

Benny, re the B series, 87.2 x 85, 1.97 ltr and in a year of racing, you would pull it down yearly like any race engine seeing the limits you are pushing it to, but in saying that, Tims K20 pushing 180+, about to do its 4th season and he would drive that double what a normal IPRA or racer would per year, not bad seeing all he does is change the oil, plugs and adjust the rockers. As you know, even built everyday engines can meet an early end, most ones that I have seen go bad are driver error, 5th to 2nd downshift, oil or fuel starvation is another killer, building a race engine isnt just about the engine, but what supports it as well.

Jimmy, good point re HKS headers and most headers for S2k's, they tend to go backwards, this is why Toda make a point of a comparison when advertising their header.

Flashpro would also be my suggestion for the car, but the AEM is also a good option and evolving with more features being catered for.

Bigger t/b, on a F20 with whatever cams, anything over a 68mm is going to go backwards or hurt over the powerband, as Benny said, they should always be matched ported to work properly along with a radius placed on the back end so that you dont get a turbulent area just passed the throttle plate when on and off the gas.
    Last edited by INT DIST/TODA; 11-03-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Small point, but if you're going to refer to people by their real names, how about using yours?

It was a small point, but one you were hounding over so I answered it, ive also sent you a PM, lets keep this thread clean and set an example for others on here shall we?

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Not disagreeing here, TODA JAPAN make brillant products.

Give me a borrowed set of toda headers to test back to back on a S2000, lets see how good they are against factory item.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by INT DIST/TODA View Post
    It was a small point, but one you were hounding over so I answered it, ive also sent you a PM, lets keep this thread clean and set an example for others on here shall we?
    Are we reading the same interwebz? How was I 'hounding over' the use of real names?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    Now now ladies and gents lets keep this about love yeh...

Fatboyz39, i have just had my HKS headers ceramic coated in and out.... ill happily hand them over for a back to back test on a s2000. INT DIST/TODA would you put up a set of TODA's?

if the stock one wins ill keep stock, if mine win ill use HKS and if toda win, ill empty my wallet and sell myself and buy a set of toda headers? haha sounds like a plan to me.
    lol

look the HKS look pretty standard. they run almost same size primary pipes... i think they might be a tiny bit bigger... internal diameter.... but they are way lighter and the final flo comes out bigger also.

if a test were to be done, and when my J's racing and cat are all on, i would happily pay for a dyno run.... and see what numbers we are looking at.....

or if fatboyz wanna do a test... back to back i'd ship my headers to you for a week... no stress.

would love to compare with toda.

either way i believe every mod will compliment the next.... but the stock headers do look good. i believe if a set of headers did anything it would only be 2-4whp untuned.

i had a set of PLM headers on my old AP1... sounded tuff as and from record it only gave me 4WHP back to back dyno test.

not really noticeable.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Sounds like a plan