Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Can anyone with a DC2 Integra help me out here? When taking out the stock Honda radio, I noticed that there was only one bracket at the back that was holding the radio in. There was no cage that actually carried the OEM head unit. Am I missing something? How did you install your aftermarket head unit and keep it in place? Any help will be good. Thanks!

Newcomer Array
    you should have gotten a bracket with head unit thats fits straight into the factory hole

Yeah, all decent aftermarket HU's come with some sort of casing and brackets.

Newcomer Array
    Quote Originally Posted by vti-2
    Yeah, all decent aftermarket HU's come with some sort of casing and brackets.
    Further to that if you didnt get one take it back and they should give you one with it, if not you should be able to get one from any decent car audio place

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    I did get a bracket with my aftermarket HU, but the thing I'm talking about is, the space where the HU goes into has no side mountings or anything, which means that I can't even use this bracket that came with my HU as I have nowhere to attach it to. The only thing holding the OEM HU is the bracket at the back (it's L-shaped and only has 1 or 2 screws to the back of the HU). Do you guys have DC2's and have you installed aftermarket units in them?

Newcomer Array
    I dont own a dc2, nor have i installed into one. But the bracket shouldnt move around once you pop it in there, it should be a tight fit therefore it shoudlnt move around, plus once the head unit is in there the weight in the head unit holds it down as well

I have a DC2 at the moment, and have an Alpine HU. The HU basically slid into the casing that came with it and that went into the factory hole. We also used the supplied bracket so that the HU could be mounted securely to the rear so that it didn't slide further in (if that makes sense).

We then secured it down the side with 2 screws per side from memory and then bolted it from the rear as well. Mine has a few extra screws in place for security but basically if you have two per side and one from the rear the HU won't go anywhere.

Give us some more info. What HU do you have?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    I have a Pioneer. From what we saw (my cousin helped me install it), there was nothing to screw the bracket that came with the HU to the side of the pocket. We also had to tape the extra compartment under the OEM HU to my aftermarket one as there was no way screwing it in.

You should have rails (bracket) along the side to bolt the HU into. Isn't that what the factory unit was secured to?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    on my aftermarket HU, i didnt screw my brackets as there is no where to screw it. but if u look on the side of the bracket, once u slide it in, u bend the metal inserts/cut outs into the side mountings and it should sit nice and tight. shouldnt move at all if u do it properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvo
    on my aftermarket HU, i didnt screw my brackets as there is no where to screw it. but if u look on the side of the bracket, once u slide it in, u bend the metal inserts/cut outs into the side mountings and it should sit nice and tight. shouldnt move at all if u do it properly.
    yes, this is what i'm talking about. nothing to screw in the rails of the aftermarket hu. the oem radio was only held by that one bracket at the back. i'll see what i can do with the aftermarket brackets...

Newcomer Array
    Calvo is right simply bend the metal cut outs so it holds it firmly in