Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Hey Calvo, do you have an Integra or an Accord? The DC2 has a space for a double din radio. But from factory, there is the plastic pocket that sits under the OEM radio which holds sunnies or whatever. How do I hold this in and also mount my aftermarket HU onto it? I don't think we saw any screws and my cousin was the one who took it out, so I can't remember how it was stuck onto the OEM unit.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I have an Alpine HU as well in my DC2.
    When it was first installed at the place (Lifestyles), the thing slid out whenever I was going up hill or accelerating fast.

I took it back to the garage and they removed the HU. I saw it was only held by one bolt because the Alpine didn't fit onto the other 2.

He took the 'sunnies holder' and put the HU in its place. He also got another bracket so that three bolts could be used to secure the HU. Next, he bolted the HU to the coin holder thing as well.

I think it's going to be a bitch to remove when I sell the car :cry:

Conclusion: Alpine and Honda don't like each other.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    When you say it was only held by one bolt because it didn't fit onto the other two?? What other two? From what I know, there is only one backet at the back with one bolt....

And what do you mean when you sell your car? Don't you want to keep it? What car are you planning on getting? I wouldn't sell my car for anything except a trade for a newer one or maybe an S2000. Or NSX :P

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Oh sorry, I meant, the Alpine should of been held in with 3 bolts instead of just one. (that's what the guy told me) And because it was a Honda, it didn't fit so that's why it's loose.

And what do you mean when you sell your car?
    I have been bitten by the boost bug :shock: hehehehe

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r
    Hey Calvo, do you have an Integra or an Accord? The DC2 has a space for a double din radio. But from factory, there is the plastic pocket that sits under the OEM radio which holds sunnies or whatever. How do I hold this in and also mount my aftermarket HU onto it? I don't think we saw any screws and my cousin was the one who took it out, so I can't remember how it was stuck onto the OEM unit.
    i have an accord, but it also has the plastic thing. wat i done was mounted my HU into that bit, and placed the plastic thing on top. get some fat two way tape sorta stuff, and only peel one side to stick in onto the plastic thing, then just insert it above the HU, not sticking it on, but just wedging it in place so it stays. u dont really need to secure it becoz nuthin heavy really goes into it.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Is that method good enough to give theives a good workout when they break into your car?

Originally posted by Xpl05ive:
    Is that method good enough to give theives a good workout when they break into your car?
    Not really, if they really want the HU not much will stop them. Best thing to do is bolt the HU in using security screws and bolting it not only from the sides but back as well. If you use custom brackets as well, generally the theives will realise it will take too long to remove it and will leave your car and go to the next...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    After smashing the dash to pieces of course :x

From memory (and its been a few months since i last took my HU out) the pocket underneath screwed into the HU bracket thing. There was only the one bolt to hold the HU in at the back, and it was a bit fiddly getting the HU and pocket aligned but it went in OK and is quite solid.

This is in an Accord not a Teggy but should be similar. Nothing moves at all but to do it i did have to take out pretty much the entire centre console including the metal bracket bit.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    yeh its quite tedious rippin out ur front console to do all this. its pretty hard to steal it wen u do it, but if a thief really wants it, he'll get it no matter wat if he's that determined. i duno wat he's gonna do wen he has no face to use the HU, unless he goes and finds a replacement face, but yeh. i'd rather him just take my HU, rather than his fck up my whole interior and break everything else and prob still take the HU.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    If it's in tight, hopefully it will delay him enough time for you to come back and tap him on the shoulder ...hehehe

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    hehe a tap on the shoulder, followed by some "taps" to the head

Quote Originally Posted by dc2r
    I did get a bracket with my aftermarket HU, but the thing I'm talking about is, the space where the HU goes into has no side mountings or anything, which means that I can't even use this bracket that came with my HU as I have nowhere to attach it to.
    I feel for you brotha
    I had this problem about a year ago......

What I ended up doing was making my own bracket to hold the bracket you get with the unit in place... I have the console out of my car at the moment so I might be able to get a pic for you so you can get an idea..

From what I can remember the stock unit had some weird way of securing itself in, it had arms that connected it to the side of the below "sunglasses holder" So when you put in the bracket you get with the unit, it can't grab onto it the same way because it dosen't have the same arm things...

eerr yeah, I'm not too helpful at the moment, but I'll try and get that pic for you