Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

dc2r:
    How is ur install going?
    I'm getting my Alpine to be put into my DC2 too very soon. Yay!
    I'm waiting for it so in the mean time, I've removed the factory HU and from looking inside, I can tell its gonna be quiet difficult getting it in and secured.
    It dosen't look like a simple process like other cars I've done in the past.

MaGR:
    Posting up pics would be really helpful for those in the same situation. Hope to see them soon!

Here is the picture of the bracket... sorry for it's crapness, but as you probably know, there isn't much room down there...

You can see where the bracket is connected to atleast. I am pretty sure that it is the only spot connected directly to the car (had to drill the hole).
    Where you see the Blue T, is where it (the bracket) goes above the "sunglasses holder" thing. At the two ends of the T, it is welded (can't remember what kind, I didn't do it) to the bottom side of the HU cage (had to do that because it I used screws or rivets ect, I wouldn;t be able to slide the unit into the cage).
    The is all that is keepting it in place, I think I also bent out some of the "tabs" in the cage to secure it better..

It is very secure and is very sturdy... probably too study infact because it gets all the road bumps, but I haven't had a single skip so thats allright..

I think thats all...
    Probably better ways to do it, but thats the best I could think of......

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    that's interesting... right now my head unit is still how it was when first installed. still moves around and is held by a cable tie! when i get free time i will take it out and see if i can make a bracket. thanks for the ideas.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Integra VTiR
    im in the same bolt.
    did my install my self a few months ago with an Alpine HU..

there was no bracket inside which would hold my HU in so that i could screw it in on either side.. atm its just held in by sheer luck and the plastic holder underneath kinda holds it in to a certain extent.. the bracket which comes with the HU, i pushed the lil metal tabs out on all sides too but that just stops it from falling forwards (to a certain extent) but it doesnt stop it from falling INWARDS.. usually there's a small metal bracket at the very rear of it all but my doesnt even have that as the previous owner had taken that out as he had a tv in there and needed all the room in the back as he could have so he could fit all the cables in...... im thinking of just fabricating my own bracket inside so that it can hold the HU in..

i wouldnt want to really put my HU on the bottom DIN and bolt it into the coin tray.. prefer to keep it on top with the plastic holder on the bottom DIN..........

I swear this sounds bad for us Integra people

Just hope no thieves know about this! Why cant Integras be simple like other cars....shesssh

I'm thinking of an easier way to do this....lemme see....

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Integra VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by MaGR
    im still trying to work out that pic and which direction you took the photo from lol

LOL
    same here!!!!!

MaGR, where are ya mate?!!?
    We too dumb to see where you're coming from!

Can someone help me install it?

It's taken from directly underneath the unit... (I know it's not easy to tell, but thats the only angle I can take a pic from..)

I'll try and draw a diagram of what the bracket looks like when I get home from work.. It's not really much of a bracket, just a flat T shape piece of metal with a hole in it at the end and welded at the other end.

It's mainly to stop it sliding forward and back (and to keep is straight), it is a pretty tight fit apart from that as it is...

I see it! I see it!
    Now I'm ready to do the electrical work.
    Where did u connect your power lead? Directly to ur battery or to the harness?

Quote Originally Posted by BlakTegra
    I see it! I see it!
    Where did u connect your power lead? Directly to ur battery or to the harness?
    Yeah directly from the battery, then to a fuse...
    I've got a pic allready of where the cable goes and where the fuse is, the holes were allready there, made it real easy.... I'll post it tonight..

What kind of setup are you going to have??

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Hey guys, I know this is sorta bringing back a dead thread but I seem to be in the same boat now. There was an aftermarket head unit already installed but it was dodgey as the bracket was just supported by the tabs and the pocket (which doesnt even securely attach to anywhere) to an extent. I got a back strap with my head unit and am trying to figure out what it does or how to utilise it. The factory bracket at the back might inspire me to create something but how the hell do you bolt your head unit from the back if you cant get behind there. Is it required for me to remove my centre console? Anybody got steps how to do this? Any help is much appreciated, Cheers guys!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I think to do it properly, you have to remove the centre console. There are screws to undo and then lift! And don't forget to remove your gear knob..