Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 EG5 SI HBACK

Hey Guys N Gals , New Member Intro. *Dale's EG5*

Hi Everyone , hope you are all having a fairly good day.

Just wanted to post up and say hi to everyone and introduce myself , my name is Dale and i drive 1992 EG Civic SI. I originally bought this car mostly for the shell as i plan to eventually turn it into a project when i have the funds *saving up* , currently on my reds as i only got my car license a couple months ago (initially started off on a motorbike license and never really bothered with cars until i got my new toy ).

I Joined mostly because i have never been part of a car club before and i have heard around that this is a very mainstream/popular community and i wanted to be a part of it and hopefully contribute and share ideas as well as trying to get to know you guys and attend some of the meet ups to get some idea's on what other members do to their cars.

I bought the car as is at the moment and i am very meticulous with keeping my car clean and the paint shiny , you can ask any of my neighbor's and they can vouch i wash it once a week at the least.

It is running on a stock D16A8 motor at the moment but i eventually plan to do a Kswap and put in one of the K-Series Engines , have not decided exactly what i want but so far i have a K20A Motor in mind as i love vtec and want some of the new mixed with some of the old , the only other mods on it is a custom exhaust that came with a car and a new K/N air filter i installed into the stock airbox.

She runs really good however at the moment its currently in the workshop as the drive shaft completely snapped after taking it back to my mechanic when i heard a gentle scraping noise turning through corners and decided to get it checked out , traced the issue back to after i had purchased the car i needed to replace the CV joints and the mech's who put it back didnt do a very good job but i am lucky that it happened to me in the workshop then on the road.

Anyway that is basically where i am at , at the moment , any questions or if you want to have a chat send me a PM.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

-DW

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Welcome abourd lad

Those d16a go hard for what they are,nice little twin cam

oh and put the P plate properly its looks a bit wank on the bonnet

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 EG5 SI HBACK
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Welcome abourd lad

Those d16a go hard for what they are,nice little twin cam

oh and put the P plate properly its looks a bit wank on the bonnet
    haha yeah , definetly go hard for what it is ..it was either this or a SOHC VTEC engine but i decided it would be more beneficial to start up with this.

as for the P plate i need to drop it down low where the number plate is at the moment but its got no guard or extension to attach it to so i thought just throw it on the bonnet for now .

thanks for reply
    Last edited by Mr92EG; 01-04-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Nice intro and ride mate
    Why not b18c swap?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 EG5 SI HBACK
    Thanks Jasemas

As i said i am pretty open but , the way i figured it ... i am wanting to go all-out on my civic as i will have the car for 3+ or more years and i thought to myself just stick in the biggest (displacement) and fairly easiest block i can fit into the car and with all the right mods ( I / H / E + Tune and maybe cams ) i will have a decent daily driver that i can occasionally take to the track or drags and have some fun with.

I am still new to the car scene , i am fairly mechanical minded and have done abit of mechanical work on bikes/cars before so i know my way around so to speak but by far i honestly admit i lack the experience and knowledge more experienced car owners have so right now i am just setting a goal in my head and then trying to work out the bits and pieces as i go along.

I have heard by far the B18C is one of the easiest conversions you can do and if done right can be a decent swap but i guess i just need some real life experience on what i want (in person show/tell etc) , which is one of the reasons why i signed up to OZhonda so i can get a better idea what i am actually after.

To be quite honest at the end of the day i just want to put a nice VTEC engine in it that has decent performance and sounds good , my first car was actually a 98 integra VTI-R which off memory is a B18C2. This may sound a little silly but my integra felt *slower* with the B18C2 then how my D16A8 performs at the moment.

I suppose you can gather this is sorta what i mean by *lack of real world experience , knowledge* , i dont know exactly what i am after but something definetly more then a B18C2.

What do you reckon? , maybe you can convince me.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Well the integra is virtually a civic in wolfs clothing
    As the civic is lighter you have a better power to weight ratio
    But 'fast' or whatever is purely subjective to the persons perception of 'fast' - kinda confusing

The K swap will set you back a bit... Alot of people have said $10,000 at least
    i'm not an expert on tegs/civics

Or why not a JDM b16 - it just has a few less kw and torque?

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 EG5 SI HBACK
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Well the integra is virtually a civic in wolfs clothing
    Hahahaha i like the terminology you used here.

As the civic is lighter you have a better power to weight ratio
    But 'fast' or whatever is purely subjective to the persons perception of 'fast' - kinda confusing
    Definetly agree with you on this once , which is why i need to get out more and see whats out there.

The K swap will set you back a bit... Alot of people have said $10,000 at least
    i'm not an expert on tegs/civics

Or why not a JDM b16 - it just has a few less kw and torque?
    I was checking out some b16 specs , your mainly referring to a B16B to start off with ?

Definetly will look more into it but i definetly dont want to spend thousands of dollars on an engine swap if i wont be happy with it , which comes down to what you said earlier about "fast being subjective" ..i think i just need to try and
    get a ride in a K20 , B16B , B18B2 or something and see where i should head ..the rest of the car is going to be pretty much personalized to how i want it (e.g paint / other aftermarket parts) its just the engine swap that is the next big thing for this car at the moment and i want to make sure on what i am after.

Thanks heaps for your input.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    While also checking out engines
    Why not have a good look at your suspension set up and maybe a brake upgrade
    no good going fast when you can't go around corners/brake properly

B16b is an OBD II me thinks
    While the 1st and 2nd Gen b16a are OBD0 - less headaches for wiring

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Welcome to OzHondie!