Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    When picking a battery you gotta look at (besides the size and terminals)

Cold Cranking Amps — How much amp the battery can provide really cold weather — when the engine is hardest to crank.

AND

Reserve Capacity — indicates how long your battery would keep the engine running if the alternator stopped charging. It's a measurement of how many minutes the battery will deliver 25 amps at 80 degrees F (27 degrees C) while maintaining at least 1.75 volts per cell, or 10.5 volts total. In other words, this is about how long your car will continue to run with the headlights, wipers and defroster on, if the alternator quits.

Find one suited to your OEM CCA and has a decent reserve capacity. Be warned though car batteries are not designed to completely use all their charge. Sitting in car with the engine off listening to music for 30mins or whatever will stuff your battery. Even if you recharge it it will never be the same.

A Deep cycle battery is good for this it doesnt CCA as hard as normal car battery but they are designed to be completely drained and recharged. People use this separately to power sound systems.

The best battery?

-- WHATEVER HAS THE LONGEST WARRANTY --
    Last edited by DakDak; 06-03-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post

A Deep cycle battery is good for this it doesnt CCA as hard as normal car battery but they are designed to be completely drained and recharged. People use this separately to power sound systems.
    ^^Great answer!!

This is also known as a Farad Capacitor device. theyre used for high end, High current/output wattage amps.

As farad caps is like a rechargeable battery it will hold voltage/power for a certain amount of time then it discharges which most units nowadays have a voltage warning/display on these fcaps. Pretty much u can play music at a longer time without completely draining your battery when engine is off.

With engine on, the fcap will assist in providing better current than using the complete load from the alternator (minimal flicker lights at night when blasting the fully sick subwooffa)..

Eheheh

But in your case u wont need this.
    RB1-ODC

Ive actually got a Farad capacitor inline with my amp

Decided to go with exide seeing as i can pick one up from kmart to finally use my $100 voucher (save myself some cash for other maintenance :P).

Thanks for all your replies, has helped me alot in better understanding the ins and outs with batteries and alternators .
    Last edited by sutoban; 07-03-2013 at 12:17 AM.

kmart tyre and auto. they all suck boob
    DEEFUFF 4LYF