Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Could also be one of the ignition coils starting to die. Some ignition coils go at around 150k - 200k km. Lexus V8 tends to go at about 300k km mark, and BMW 5 series tends to go at 180k km.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    im with this guy ^
    so if its missfiring, and ur sparkplugs are still fresh then id say your coilpacks have had it.
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Quote Originally Posted by philipminge View Post

Anyway to explain it more.... You drive say in second... On an on ramp to a free way.. Not all the time bbut sometimes it will go then hesitate (could call it a choke)... Like it cuts power then gives it back.
    Or fuel filter blockage maybe. I'll change that next....
    Try resetting the ECU. It sounds like a software issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sodaz View Post
    Try resetting the ECU. It sounds like a software issue.
    Hmm, never heard of the ECU logging onto the net and doing a firmware upgrade.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    Lol aircon and throttle lag... DBW lag..... so its meant to shut off my power for 1 second midway through the rev range... naa not it. i have owned an 05 euro before this and never had this issue.

aircon.... that was the first thing i made sure was off... so not aircon.
    cheers anyways boyz

Might be your accelerator position sensor playing up. The signs & symptoms described were similar to my experience. After 2 weeks of driving with hesitation, the VSA light and check engine light finally came on 1 fateful day and the car goes into limp mode, totally undrivable and feels as though it has hit a wall kind of cut out.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    I'll look I to it... My check engine light came up one day about 4 months ago.... Went away. Haven't seen it again. I'll look into that

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Sport 06
    Quote Originally Posted by philipminge View Post
    Lol aircon and throttle lag... DBW lag..... so its meant to shut off my power for 1 second midway through the rev range... naa not it. i have owned an 05 euro before this and never had this issue.

aircon.... that was the first thing i made sure was off... so not aircon.
    cheers anyways boyz
    You never mentioned that the lagging was happening at the mid range of your accelleration. No need to lol at people who are trying to help you when you don't even give enough information to begin with.

Good luck in fixing the issue.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Can I hijack this thread for a second?
    My 05 has started giving a hesitation at light throttle , but not all the time.
    It doesn't feel like a miss and I fitted new iridium plugs less than 10,000 kms ago, but I could be wrong.
    No signs of missing or hesitating at higher revs or loads, but does seem to be down a little on power.
    I'm even thinking it is a auto transmission slip, feels like it is around 3rd gear on slow take offs.
    Really hard to diagnose but there is definitely something wrong

My 06 developed a slight miss at idle around 150,000kms and I know exactly when it happened. In overtaking one day I revved out to only 5,000 RPM and then noticed when sitting at the next traffic lights my idle was slightly irregular, with a slight miss. Before this the engine turned over so smoothly I never knew it was on. I've had no other symptoms other than a suspicion I am slightly down on power. Leads and plugs have been changed. Oil changes are always regular and ATF changed around 165,000kms but nothing makes any improvements. It also pulses when moving forward in idle (ie no throttle) similar to a very slight "bunny hop". My mechanic has no idea but agrees with my gut feeling it may be coil breakdown. The engine has now done 179,000 kms and there has been no change, no better - no worse. My other concern is it could be a cam/valve issue. Any ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    ^
    Is there a "hiss" noise on idle?

Spray some wd40 where ur Injectors are, if the idle lowers for a split second then you need new injectors/injector O-rings.
    Also spray wd40 on the intake manifold gasket, if the idle Changes again u need new Intake manifold gasket
    snapping 2nd..