Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    It's your car. Why do you need an excuse?
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Say no more.. hahah
    '97 Teg VTi-R - GONE :'( -> '08 CU2

Sent the car in for a service and filled 'er up with Honda Ultra LEO SN 0W-20, after previously using Honda Gold SM 5W-40. The engine revvs a lot smoother now and that metallic bark after VTEC kicks in at 5000 rpm sounds glorious. It's also a lot cheaper than the old oil.

Damn I love this engine... there really is nothing better than a high revving engine with decent torque, the throttle response and noise is a lot better than with turbo fours. I don't bother using the auto's S-mode for highways because the normal D-mode kicks down a lot faster. Dropping two gears to scoot from 5000 rpm hides the engine's low torque but it sure as hell is fun

I haven't had pinging issues probably because the old Spirior/CU2 had the K24Z5 Accord engine which was tuned to run on RON93 fuel. New Spiriors get the full power TSX motor (weird K24Y5 code) but these need RON97, a bit pricy and hard to find in these parts. New Spiriors also get LED rear lights and these look like a straight drop-in to the old model... might give this a try soon.

All the 2.0 and 2.4 liter Honda cars in China - CRV, Civic, Accord, CU2, Elysion - have the option of using the new 0W-20 oil, the US has been using it for a few years too, so I assume Honda has OK'd its use worldwide.
    Last edited by redseven; 17-03-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Just had a service but still using old 5W-40, has anyone else changed to the 0w- 20?
    '97 Teg VTi-R - GONE :'( -> '08 CU2

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressCoffee View Post
    I just want an excuse to fang my CU2 right now and I'm getting it serviced on Wednesday.. should I give it a few nice runs?
    yolo brah
    Mods: Pioneer Double DIN GPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Buddyclub N+ Spec, Topspeed Headers, Skunk2 Catback Exhaust

Yeah,I'm running Amsoil 0w-20 signature series and loving it.