Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modding my Jazz

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S

Modding my Jazz

Hi, I'm a new to this forum, been snooping around for a bit reading past threads and such and I thought it was about time I joined up. Currently drive a Jazz vti-s 05 (manual of course) and I was just seeing if I could get some advice on modding my car. I got a mate that said I should start with the rims + tyres, any ideas where would be a good place to buy a set? as well as any other relatively cheap modifications that would improve performance and/or appearance.

All help is appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    I have coilovers, lsd & final drives available for the L series that are relatively inexpensive mods that will give you more than power mods will
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    if im not mistaken coilovers are for lowering the car? mmm i have read around that since the jazz is so underpowered, mods such as intakes dont have much of an impact. what about aesthetics wise?

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    From personal experience...

Power
    Change to a aftermarket headers/extractors to the donut. There is no need to change anything else from the cat back.

Pod filters dont do anything, inbox panel filter with CAI feed have seen some gains.

Handling/wheels
    Eibach pro springs to the job very well on oem shocks. But if your planning to go staggered offset wheels then coilovers is the way to go.

Others have also installed RSB kit to strengthen the rears lack of handling.

Google is your best friend. Go to fitfreak as theyve got shitloads of info there.
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    thanks for the help rage king, I'm interested in getting a set of Buddy Club P1 SF's. Searched the web a bit and apparently there's a dealer in Melbourne, anyone know how much I would have to shell out approximately?

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    For P1 old school ones i would go 1.2k max on budget, and say 800 more on descent set of tires. Around the 2k mark. I personally advise anyone who is after to mod a gd3 not to do it. Parts are so rare here in sydney. I been trying to source VTis/Modulo parts and my god what a headache. 2 Months only have the back Face lifted.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    For P1 old school ones i would go 1.2k max on budget, and say 800 more on descent set of tires. Around the 2k mark. I personally advise anyone who is after to mod a gd3 not to do it. Parts are so rare here in sydney. I been trying to source VTis/Modulo parts and my god what a headache. 2 Months only have the back Face lifted.
    hmm I checked on the buddy club aus site, and it says they are $189 each (so $756 excluding tires). Not sure if this is accurate or not, but I am looking for 15" rims.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungus View Post
    hmm I checked on the buddy club aus site, and it says they are $189 each (so $756 excluding tires). Not sure if this is accurate or not, but I am looking for 15" rims.
    Speak with Yonas from JDM yard, they retail them.

There are plenty of jazz parts going around in Melbourne, and they are relatively inexpensive on ebay etc. as it's a very popular car to mod outside of aus specifically SE Asia.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    Speak with Yonas from JDM yard, they retail them.

There are plenty of jazz parts going around in Melbourne, and they are relatively inexpensive on ebay etc. as it's a very popular car to mod outside of aus specifically SE Asia.
    found them on jdmyard, they are $900 for the set. I was just wondering, it says they are 15x8, is that too wide for the jazz? not sure what the width for the stock rims are but im pretty sure they are 6.5 or 7.

Stock rims are 15*6, you can fit 15*8 if you roll the guards

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    Stock rims are 15*6, you can fit 15*8 if you roll the guards
    Pardon my newbness, but what do you mean by "rolling the guards"? and what wuld be the widest i could go without rolling the guards?

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Your wheels/tyres will scrub against the guards if its too wide. If you hammer them in from the inside, it will give you more space to run bigger wheels.

Choosing the right tyre profile helps too
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS