Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I just received my magnefine filter for the transmission fluid.
    Did you use cable tie to secure the magnefine filter, Fred? Did you also reduce the length of the rubber hose/line?
    And I am assuming you use the same hose clamps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...21#post3080121

I have magnefine on mine right now, no, the oem bracket didnt fit, not that I worry about it that much.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin77 View Post
    I just received my magnefine filter for the transmission fluid.
    Did you use cable tie to secure the magnefine filter, Fred? Did you also reduce the length of the rubber hose/line?
    And I am assuming you use the same hose clamps.

Thanks
    i didn't cut the rubber hose/line,

and did secure it with a long cable tie at one point, but the 2nd replacement, I didnt, it's pretty tight there with the stiff 3/8 hose so I didnt see the need for it. So my filter's hanging loose at the moment, no problems

PS: once you replaced filter, cut open the old one and see how dirty it is inside, you'd be surprised.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Thanks Fred,
    I did it. That was difficult for me to do. I removed the air box and the fuse box (partially) and there wasn't much space especially trying to remove the inner hose clamp and the filter (it was stuck, the barb is doing its job so well). Next time I will need to buy different tool before attempting to do another one. A normal combination pliers and long nose didn't cut it. Maybe an angle long nose or something. Fat fingers and hands does not help either.

I cut the old one as you suggested and you are right it was pretty dirty. It was good that I got the magnefine as the filter cartridge of the original is quite small (diameter of 47mm and height of 30 mm). It doesn't have the bypass valve nor magnet. I did secure it with a cable tie (peace of mind).

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    The original filter has 25 pleats and 14 mm deep. Its 30 mm high.
    Total filtration area = 30x(25x2x14)=21000 mm2
    Equivalent to about 14 by 14 cm area.

I wonder what the magnefine filtration area is?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin77 View Post
    The original filter has 25 pleats and 14 mm deep. Its 30 mm high.
    Total filtration area = 30x(25x2x14)=21000 mm2
    Equivalent to about 14 by 14 cm area.

I wonder what the magnefine filtration area is?
    Magnefine is (approx):

30-32 pleats
    50mm diameter
    about 15mm deep (due to the bypass valve in the middle)
    just under 50mm high

so
    50x(30x2x15) = 45000 mm2

about a 21x21 cm area, over double the filtration area.

thats not including the magnet on top either.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Thanks Fred.
    Magnefine is cheaper and should last longer. It would be perfect if it was made out of metal (stronger and better cooling).
    Its time to do my fuel filter today. I need to find the access panel somewhere under the dynamat sheeting. I will start somewhere in the middle behind the back seat.