Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Parts guy at Eastern Honda (who is awesome) thought it wasn't the right kit because it was so cheap, so he double checked and it was definitely the right one. Some people got it for ~$79 a few years back if you read earlier threads here.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9
    Really? Could you link it to me? Yeah $130 was a bit much but it was express from the US, got here in 2-3 days.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    This guy said $80 back in 2008. So $88 today seems pretty cheap. I think it's because it's meant that you buy the fascia kit AND a Honda cassette player attachment (or additional CD player) but you can just use whatever stereo you want instead. Read the rest of that thread too, has some good photos.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    O wow, i gotta ask how much Honda in Sydney places charge. Does this include the harness and all that?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Yeah comes with harness, brackets, screws etc

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    Yeah I paid $80 from honda a couple of years ago too.
    Mods: Pioneer Double DIN GPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Buddyclub N+ Spec, Topspeed Headers, Skunk2 Catback Exhaust

Hi, did you link the new head unit to the factory head unit with a harness? if so, did you have to wire anything else in (ie. park brake) and do you run new speaker cables from the new head unit? any info on the install would be appreciated. regards, Jake

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    Need a split harness so you can have both the old unit (for HVAC) and new one connected. Obviously don't need to split everything though. Park brake may be required to legally enable video, etc. If you want to use the stock speaker wiring, then you don't need new speaker cables, just use the ones on the stock harness. If you are wanting to run amp(s), then ignore those and run new RCA cables. Also likely to need a steering wheel control adapter to use them on the new unit. Some gps units can also take a VSS input for use in tunnels, etc.

Might be a stupid question but is it possible to use both head units? Does the stock head unit still function?

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    Why would you want both units running? Stock needs power for HVAC controls/display, but is otherwise redundant. But sure, you could wire them both up.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    wiring both up would cause issues as when you power 1 unit up it will send power via the speaker connections and blow the other headunits internal amp and possibly cause feedback
    MY05 Honda Accord Euro Luxury Auto
    1991 Nissan Pulsar N14 SR20DE (WORKED NA)
    1993 Nissan Pulsar N14 SSS (High Comp N/A)

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    Well that would depend how you wire them up. For instance I've heard of people using the 2 RCA outputs from the 2nd unit via an aux in module to the stock head unit. Could also add rear door speakers and wire one unit to the front splits and the other to the rear door+parcel shelf. As I said, I'd just wire the stock unit up so you can use it for HVAC and use only the new unit for audio.