Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Kswap really isnt that hard. Pumped mine out in 14 days, just myself and a mate. First time doing a swap.

If you can afford it, kswap all the way. You will not regret it.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r & EGK20a
    ^ Agree with you alex. I got my K motor in, in about 3-4days by myself after doing the 5stud conversion and stuff first. After that its just about wiring and plumbing. I was in a process of doing a b20 build, had the block cleaned out and all. Stopped it and done a Kswap. I dont regret it at all 6 spd ftw.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    jdm d15b ftw, kdwap suck shit bor
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r & EGK20a
    lol Mocchi! Lies! I know what you have!

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    daaaaaaamn, I'm thinking about, a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend has a semi completed K24 set up, but doesn't want to put the work, I'll talk to him, see if he wants to swap for my b18 lol

Since you already have the b18 might as well put it to use. If it has good compression/is in good condition, rebuild the head only; cams, valve springs, Ti retainers, mild port and polish, B16a transmission, Helical LSD with 4.7 FD and tune for max torque numbers and enjoy
    1st CLASS
    Bored? http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...k-street-build - B18 EG5 Track car BUILD.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Too much much effort for something that will get walked by a stock Kseries motor ^^
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiEk4 View Post
    Since you already have the b18 might as well put it to use. If it has good compression/is in good condition, rebuild the head only; cams, valve springs, Ti retainers, mild port and polish, B16a transmission, Helical LSD with 4.7 FD and tune for max torque numbers and enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    Too much much effort for something that will get walked by a stock Kseries motor ^^
    It's a tough choice..but I don't want to go k20 cause that's just plain exxy. The only problem I have is after talking to some people, they reckon the k24 isn't as reliable. They said the timing chain messes up over time and the oil pump dies, causing everything to just spin out and die. Is this true?

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    No.

Kswap is expensive though, youre correct there.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by carayan View Post
    they reckon the k24 isn't as reliable. They said the timing chain messes up over time and the oil pump dies, causing everything to just spin out and die. Is this true?
    the k24s are reliable. And even if something was to happen. Just buy another one. They're quite cheap.

Account Disabled Array
    People are uneducated and listen and read the wrong thing on the internet. Talk to people who have "REAL" experience and it will open your eyes to alot of things

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    No.

Kswap is expensive though, youre correct there.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleuse View Post
    the k24s are reliable. And even if something was to happen. Just buy another one. They're quite cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    People are uneducated and listen and read the wrong thing on the internet. Talk to people who have "REAL" experience and it will open your eyes to alot of things
    yeah exactly, this from what I've heard, and I don't want to make my decisions based on hear say, I want to hear it from people who have it done and have real world experience, hence why I asked first if it was true before completely writing off the k24.