Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FW to RWD..

FW to RWD..

K this might sound really stupid but is there any chance of converting a 3rd gen prelude into rear wheel drive?

out of all the prelude's i like the older 3rd gens, the 4ws, the nice cumfy racy kinda feel when you sit in em, But i dont fancy fwd to much..

i dunno much about these cars and about the only valid reason i have for not liking fwd is because it just seems weird having the front wheels do the pushing, and i heard it was hard to drift in fwd.

i might get a 3rd gen, and aside from the question above i was wondering if they worthy of doing up?

i serached and it kept coming up with completley different stuff so if its already been discussed plz redirect me to the thread.
    Last edited by nxx; 07-04-2005 at 10:57 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    135i & CBR
    it is clearly harder to drift in a fwd as the pull the car so its more a slide than a drift when a fwd car is sideways. as far as the conversion goes i think it is a waste of money go buy a silvia or something.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTiR BB6
    Its going to cost you a sickly amount of cash to do it.

but like i said above i like the feel of them, so your saying its possible to do this ? i think it would be a cool conversions if you had a tonne of cash that you wanted to put into your car.

any ideas on what kinda $$ this would need?

I have never seen it done.

As for cash. $10-20,000 would be my guess. You would have to rebuild the entire chasis, it would also throw of all the weight distribution, handling ability, and 4ws... So, no, u cant do it :P

ooh damn that is bad lol.

ok well i guess i will throw that idea out the window, Ok so what about doing them up? can these be powered nicely?

also i am considering buying a 3rd gen for 3 to 3.5k, seems like a decent price and its from a friend, does that price range sound about right for it? its fully stock and seems ot have no engine problems, although i think at one time the engine was smoking and we though there was something up with the rings but now we dont know, if the rings were stuffed would that set me back alot to fix?

u have to ask yourself why you would want to do such a thing. 10-20K will cover it if you had your own workshop and could do it afterhours. if the seriously want to convert to RWD, the cheapest option is to rear-mount the engine.. that'll save alot of money and hassle (relatively).
    buttom line, dont do it... too much of a headache!!

you could always mould a drop over frame around a s2000 *shrug*

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Luxury
    yeah that aint a bad price for one man. from what i hear though they are very hard engines to tune. i know u lke that shape but just save and get a 4th gen you will be far happier with the car and the modding potential of it will be a hell of a lot better

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Luxury
    oh and as for the hole RWD thing, it has been done in the states to an integra so it is possible. your gonna loose the 4WS though which has already been stated. if u really want both a drift car and a 3rd gen lude, just buy the cheap lude off your mate then get yourself a cheap S13 and off u shoot.

Yeah, well, just cos the 4th gen has better tuning, doesnt mean he will want it.

Um as for portentual, if you stay N/A, there isnt much, exaust, headers, extractors, suspension, good tires etc... You will be able to pull a high 15 second pass.

Boost will get you into the 13's, but prepare to spend up to $10,000 for a reliable system.

Sorry to bring ur hopes down, but im just tellin the truth, doesnt mean there not great cars tho.

hmm ok so bassically you can beef em up nicely but its gonna cost alot more to beef it up then most other cars?

10k seems kinda high lol.

First i was actually going to buy an s13 but i cant find any cheap s13's, ive been looking for one around 5k since thats kinda my budget right now, i dont even care if its stock but anyone who owns an s13 these days doesnt keep it stock so its hard to find em cheap.

i dont really mind to much about the drifting and stuff, i cant see my self drifting around corners in the streets of perth lol.

hmm, so if i get this lude of my friend for 3k, and have 2k left, what can i do to make it a little quicker, of course a turbo but that will obviously come later in time.

edit : btw, do the 4th's look like the 3rd's? is the price alot higher?