MECHANICAL differences between Pre-FL & FL Integra

Hi guys,

So I've decided that I'm going to buy an Integra vti-r for <$6K, but just really confused about what year to look for. To my understanding the Integra received a "facelift" in 1995 (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Integra). However everywhere that I read, people only mention the cosmetic differences, but I am lead to think there are mechanical differences as well from memory? Could someone please shed some light on the mechanical differences?

I think I remember some time ago reading that in 1998 the integra received bigger brakes or something???

tl;dr want to buy an integra vti-r, not sure which year model is the best one to buy in terms of performance.

Thanks to anyone that can help

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow_matrix View Post
    Hi guys,

So I've decided that I'm going to buy an Integra vti-r for <$6K, but just really confused about what year to look for. To my understanding the Integra received a "facelift" in 1995 (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Integra). However everywhere that I read, people only mention the cosmetic differences, but I am lead to think there are mechanical differences as well from memory? Could someone please shed some light on the mechanical differences?

I think I remember some time ago reading that in 1998 the integra received bigger brakes or something???
    yes for type r in japan. not vtir.

tl;dr want to buy an integra vti-r, not sure which year model is the best one to buy in terms of performance.

Thanks to anyone that can help
    yolo bor
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Mechanically they are the same. Just the front and rear bumper are the differences. Performance is only changed over the different Integra models ie GSi > VTiR > Type R.
    EG

Okay thanks for the help guys!