Jazz acceleration help !

Hey guys, My girl friend recently bought an Auto jazz GD3. The here problem is that the car feels like it jerks really bad when i accelerate and there is a mini wheel spin. I tried slowly accelerating and same thing happens.

I changed all tyres to potenza reoo1 205/45/15 because there was some wear on the tyres and thought it'll stop the jerk, but it still jerks and does a mini wheel spin.

The suspension is stock and the car has low km.

I took it to a local mechanic and he said he doesnt know what im talking about. Im starting to think it's wheel bearings but not too sure. Any help or advice would be great.

sounds like your CVT transmission is shuddering / slipping.

Change your gearbox fluid with fresh CVT fluid - it may fix the shudder. I currently replace the fluid in my fiance's jazz every 15-20,000kms to fix the shudder.

If it doesnt , you are looking at a new gearbox.

Oh so it's a gear box problem, ill try it out and see if it fixes the problem. Also what happens if I don't do anything and the car continues to slip? Like worst case scenario

Quote Originally Posted by jn093 View Post
    Oh so it's a gear box problem, ill try it out and see if it fixes the problem. Also what happens if I don't do anything and the car continues to slip? Like worst case scenario
    you stuff your CVT gearbox and it needs replacement or rebuild. Its a known problem with the GD3 honda jazz.

Thanks for the reply man, appreciate the help. Ill go change the fluid tomorow and ill see

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    You should get in touch with a Honda dealer before doing anything else. It does sound like a CVT issue which is a well known problem with the GD Jazz. You may be able to utilise an extended warranty (7 years) for this issue if the applicable criteria is met.