Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A

Coilovers: Your experience and reviews

Following on from DreadAngels thread breaking down what a "coilover" is in tuning terminology, I think it would be a good idea to get peoples feedback for prospective purchasers to better help them make a decision when it comes to purchasing.

If people could please follow the teplate it would be great.

Example

Model: EG Civic
    Set up: Weekend warrior
    Brand and level: Tien Monoflex
    Price: $2500AUD (as of May 2011)
    Spring rates: F-10kg/mm2 R-6kg/mm2
    Ground clearance: 100mm
    Score out of 10: 8/10
    Comments:
    These were the first lot of coilovers i purchased after picking up my civic. I purchased these with touge/occasional track in mind. On the street with the correct damper settings, this withstood just about everything Melbournes roads could throw at it and was very comfortable for daily driving duties.

On the track with stock swaybars, the spring rates were a bit on the soft side and you get a fair bit of lean, but after upgrading both front and rear swaybars, the lean became minimal (tho would still have preferred something stiffer for dedicated track work).

Lastly, if you could refrain from the "my mate has these" or "I drove a car once with...." it would be great.
    Last edited by stndrd; 21-03-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8