Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15

Car vinyl wrapping

Hi all,

Just after some input from everyone who has done a DIY car wrap or has had a professional do theirs.

What I'd like to know is

How hard is it to do it yourself?
    Outline of the steps involved?
    Workshop expertise?

I saw this thread, just showed the final result. I wonder how the China wrap is holding up?
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ght=vinyl+wrap

Is it just a matter of soapy water and a credit card like window tints?

Buy a heat gun and just practice, the most similar thing to doing it is when you would wrap yous school books in clear contact to ensure they stay nice.

Vinyl wrap is a lot more forgiving though, as you can re-lift it and re-lay it, if you get creases you can eliminate them with heat etc.

Best thing to do is order a little bit and play around with it to see how you feel about it, watch a dozen DIY videos on YouTube etc.

How hard is it to do it yourself? Not overly hard, but practice makes perfect.
    Outline of the steps involved? 1. Clean surface 2. (Optional) Apply a form of vinyl wrap adhesion promoter (most people don't use it) 3. Cut or trim your vinyl to size and start!
    Workshop expertise? Anyone can do it.

eg.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Thanks for the links. I'd be doing a whole car wrap. The hardest parts I reckon would be the roof and front bumper. Might do the doors, rear bumper, side skirts, bonnet, boot lid and left a pro do the front bumper and roof.

The only other thing to think about is just where you'll be tucking the edges of it when you're done.

If you want my opinion man, go with the 3M stuff, especially if you're doing your whole car, its better to spend a little more and have it last longer with little to no issues when removing it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 05 Base
    My mate vinyl wrapped his '08 civic sedan and did the bonnet, roof and boot. With 2-3 people it was still a little annoying especially because there were air bubbles they had to get rid of etc, but it's not impossible. Though wrapping the whole car (so the doors as well) would be pretty tricky and require a lot more time.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Whoa man.

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4 D15
    Anyone knows how much (length / roll) of vinyl am I goin to need to do a whole EG hatch?