Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    So you are saying a 120k klm R complete head, block and pistons,inlet, throttle body,exhaust et al is only worth $10.
    The motor is apart hence I know what its problem is and it was owned by a third party so no I don't need a decent sump or mechanical sympathy .I believe the young lad didn't check his oil level.
    As for my own R its running like a clock.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Best bet would be to get the block & crank off to a machine shop tobget everything measured up so you know how expensive it will be to rebuild
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    So you are saying a 120k klm R complete head, block and pistons,inlet, throttle body,exhaust et al is only worth $10.
    The motor is apart hence I know what its problem is and it was owned by a third party so no I don't need a decent sump or mechanical sympathy .I believe the young lad didn't check his oil level.
    Fraser, if you know the extent of the issue and damage, I guess work backwards, engine is worth 3k for example, by the time you linish or correct the crank, supply bearings, gaskets and more then likely O/H the head, 1k odd, sell it for 1.5-2k as the buyer would with assembly have a rebuilt engine, or put it back together and sell it as rebuilt for 4-4.5k?

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    At last someone on the same page , thanks I D/T.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    At last someone on the same page , thanks I D/T.
    Potato
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    The motor is apart hence I know what its problem is and it was owned by a third party so no I don't need a decent sump or mechanical sympathy. I believe the young lad didn't check his oil level.
    You never specified either of these things, hence the suggestions.

All the best.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Your best option is to part out the motor. Cams are about $200-300, head $500-700, exhaust/headers... etc...etc...
    But Keep in mind with the popularity of the K-swap, parts for the b-series motors aren't that sought after anymore; people rather do a k24 swap and call it a day.
    1st CLASS
    Bored? http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...k-street-build - B18 EG5 Track car BUILD.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    To be honest I doubt you'd get more than $1,000-1,500 if the bottom end is shagged. IM and TB is about $300, OEM header isn't worth jack really, sell the head complete for $500+.

If I were you I'd just get a B20 block and be done with it

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    To be honest I doubt you'd get more than $1,000-1,500 if the bottom end is shagged. IM and TB is about $300, OEM header isn't worth jack really, sell the head complete for $500+.

If I were you I'd just get a B20 block and be done with it
    As stated previously my own vehicle and motor is perfect,this is one I've just acquired and want to sell off if its worth anything or repair it and sell it off.
    Anyone got a crankshaft ?This one is marked and not within tolerance.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    toda / int dist should have some lying around?
    inb4duc
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    hmmm engine runs like a clock? needs a valve adjustment due to ticking.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02