Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Vtir

dc2 engine conversion

hey guys im new to ozhonda, im currently looking to buy a type r engine for my vtir dc2.

I would like to get everyones input and ideas on this as it is my first conversion and will be doing it with my friend who is a mechanic and had experience in conversions.

my budget is around $5k including tuning, ecu, parts etc.
    I know this isn't much but do not want to spend more than $5k.

I posted an ad up on gumtree and got few reply's, but there was this one guy who is selling his B18c with b20 bottom end, forged pistons, cams and few more extras.
    The guy said it was running 142KW at the wheels with a tuned Power FC. these are reasonable numbers for what has been done to the engine but my main concern is, is this guy pulling my leg? how can i know for sure it really has forged pistons, cams etc?
    He told me he will sell me the engine alone, so no gearbox, ecu, wiring harness just engine for $3k, is that worth the money?
    also would my gearbox and wiring harness fit straight on this engine?
    I have pictures of the engine let me know if you want to see it ill post up pics.

On the new engine i will be using these parts from my engine:
    -headers (dont know brand i think their hurricane?)
    -full 2.5" exhaust, high flow cat
    -Edelbrock intake manifold + 65mm TB

Sorry for the boring long post
    Let me know what you guys think, thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2961_416503525102638_656192308_n.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	24310  

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTi
    Just ask the bloke if he has receipts for all the mods his done to the engine (no receipts means is pulling your leg).Your vtir gbox is a straight bolt on and the only thing that would need changing is your ECU. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Vtir
    he doesn't have receipts he said :/ all he said was "its a b18c7, it has comp notched pistons, factory rods, b20 bottom"
    ill be putting in a power FC.
    Thats good that the gearbox will bolt straight on.

I would say offer him more to get everything as it will most likely cost you more in the long run. Your VTiR gearbox will fit although, i think the gears are way too long. You will have so much more fun with an ITR gearbox with the LSD.

Another idea if he cant provide recipets, is for dyno printout - or the best thing is to witness a dyno run (if it is still in car) to get ana ccurate indication of power which will give you an idea if he is talking sh!t about the mods or not.
    EG

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Vtir
    The engines out of the car he has fitted a k20 in it now, so theres no way of test driving or nothing :/

Yesterday i went to wrecking yards and found one in greenarche, the guy said he will give me a B18c from jap for $2.5k and ecu for $200.
    so if this guy lets me down i can always get one from the wrecking yard.

I might consider getting an ITR box in the future, dont have a big budget atm.

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm dc2 =)
    in the for sale thread there is a drive in drive out $5200 for a type r engine conversion. Just do that