Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    ^^^^^sorri i cant quote atm...
    i think i know wat ur problem is...
    PLZ PLZ PLZ......DONT take any offence to the below...

i have used a SOS charger kit on a close friends S2K...
    runs perfect...great kit...
    does everything its suposed to...
    my mate was like u...
    he was held up on the fact his final power figure was low....
    both ur problems...and many people here in AUS...
    USA power figures CAN NOT b compared to ours...not 1 lil bit...they use different dynos and they calculate HP diferently...
    the only dynos u can compare are the dyno dynamics HUB dynos as they are calibrated the same...
    i took the S2K to 2 different tuners on 2 different dyno's and neither tuner could better the others tune or make.any.more power than originally made...
    hope it goes well for u...& my words have somewat settled ur aim for power...
    Last edited by IEVAQ8; 28-03-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Ah...the good ole lets find a new tuner until I get more power syndrome.........

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    350whp from a car that makes approx 275hp at the engine?

Sounds great to me once you consider a little drivetrain loss...

HP numbers are irrelevant.
    I'm judging the car on the power it had before and raising the boost 2psi will get it where i want it.
    It already flies.
    Its got so much torque that in 3rd gear at 40KMH it will still sink you back in its seat and due to the engine being over the rear wheels it gets amazing traction aswell.
    Stage 1 FI engine,SOS supercharged,Laminova intercooler,Liquid to air intercooler,ARC titanium exhaust,DC headers,High flow cats,AEM EMS,Short ratio gearbox,KW V3 coilover suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
    Ah...the good ole lets find a new tuner until I get more power syndrome.........
    Thats part of the reason but really i want someone to double check AFR and so on.....
    Stage 1 FI engine,SOS supercharged,Laminova intercooler,Liquid to air intercooler,ARC titanium exhaust,DC headers,High flow cats,AEM EMS,Short ratio gearbox,KW V3 coilover suspension

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    im also curious, any pics of ur bay and how its all mounted...
    build thread???

I dont have any engine bay pics but you can check out Science of speed website in the supercharger section and they have the same set up.
    http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/NSX/

Quote Originally Posted by funkynsx View Post
    Thats part of the reason but really i want someone to double check AFR and so on.....
    much better reason. Tuning is not a black art and if youve got a starting map it should only be a matter of how fast its done. The biggest difference between a 'good' tuner and the others that ive seen is in part throttle areas and the transient throttle response that resulted. Why was that tuner better? He had an engine dyno and the right equipment(electronic throttle control, precise boost control< ect)... not too many places have that available to them and thus 4d maps are a PITA.

good luck getting it sorted, would be very interested to see the tune if possible

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Transient throttle response is generally down to your throttle based enrichments, it of course needs a satisfactory base map for fuel, which is dead easy to achieve.

Part throttle tuning is yes, overlooked most of the time...

Forgive me if I have misunderstood you Chernobyl1, but why would an engine tuner tune an engine with an electronic throttle, "precise" boost control, etc and then refit the car with manual gear? The car to be tuned is the way it should come into the shop and leave the same way unless something needs modifying... to go changing things for the sake of tuning is just ridiculous.

throttle based enrichment if your running a map/maf based tune, but not so much in other tuning methods (eg: tps vs rpm).
    But yea that was more of a comment on part throttle tuning (ive driven some shockingly tuned cars, fine for full throttle but not much else)

By electronic throttle i dont mean replacing the throttle body, shouldve probably said computer controlled throttle. If its a drive by wire system simple provide fake inputs to it, if its a cable system its a device that attaches to the cable and pulls on it depending on what you request.

The precise (aka computer controlled) boost control is simply to save time. Lets say youre trying to tune an area where the turbo is spooling. Its hard to maintain the transient state, so its just easier to limit the boost to simulate it. Of course youd still have to verify it without the artificial limitation.

Its the same things as adding sensors. When i saw the guy i refereed to as a 'good' tuner go at it, took him nearly a whole day just rigging the engine up lol. One of the things i remember was him having 4 map sensors (in addition to the one used by the ecu) as well as like 6 water temp sensors. Id say it would be similar to the lengths an oem goes to to tune their cars (he was in that industry before he retired)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    ^ Incorrect.

Even with TPS vs RPM (Alpha-N) based tuning there is throttle enrichment compensations. Without them your engine would lean cut (hesitation) on rapid change of TP.

To be honest, no tuner in this country will fit a DBW or "precise" turbo controller for the sake of steady state tuning. Something which you can't really do on engines at high load/rpm anyway.

thats way beyond my knowledge of tuning.
    All i want is it to go hard and not blow up. lol