Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Do you have a dyno printout of your current power curve?

For the time being, if this tuner you go to knows half decent what his doing and isn't surrounded by 50 engines being rebuilt, chances are he knows what's going on. From what I've noticed, most good tuning shops are clean, organised and concentrate on tuning, not welding exhausts and building engines. But I am purely speculating here, everbody starts off somewhere and ends up transitioning at some point... so take that with a grain of salt.

Finding tuners who are experienced with the software will go along way before even tuning a car..

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
    ^ Incorrect.

Even with TPS vs RPM (Alpha-N) based tuning there is throttle enrichment compensations. Without them your engine would lean cut (hesitation) on rapid change of TP.
    Ive always seen it done as map based enrichment (drastic change in tps, look at map and enrich accordingly)

To be honest, no tuner in this country will fit a DBW or "precise" turbo controller for the sake of steady state tuning.
    Never actually seen an engine dyno room without a dbw interface (granted ive only seen engine dynos at universities doing experimental setups).

Quote Originally Posted by funkynsx View Post
    thats way beyond my knowledge of tuning.
    All i want is it to go hard and not blow up. lol
    My bad lol.

This might also sound stupid...

But how are you increasing the boost on your setup?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Chr1s, any recommendations on "good" tuners in the Sydney area?

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    This might also sound stupid...

But how are you increasing the boost on your setup?
    Smaller pulley.
    I'm going from 102mm to a 91mm pulley.
    probably will get a 2-3psi increase in boost
    Stage 1 FI engine,SOS supercharged,Laminova intercooler,Liquid to air intercooler,ARC titanium exhaust,DC headers,High flow cats,AEM EMS,Short ratio gearbox,KW V3 coilover suspension

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Chernobyl, which university engine test cells have you seen? Our engine dyno has no provision of DBW but we did want to put one on for the reasons you mentioned earlier.

rossrider - Scott from Insight Motorsport.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Chernobyl, which university engine test cells have you seen? Our engine dyno has no provision of DBW but we did want to put one on for the reasons you mentioned earlier.

rossrider - Scott from Insight Motorsport.
    do you work there?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Stuttgart, FH munich, zwickau, braunschweig and in Aus, Rmit. I'm not in the mechanical/automotive field but id be surprised if more aus uni's didnt have them, cant see how youd test new research without it properly.

edit: The germans had it when i was there in '08 so im just assuming they have it still (if it hasnt been superseded).

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Yeah, you would think most uni's have one, but there are some who don't have one - like UTS.

Mocchi, no I don't

Quote Originally Posted by funkynsx View Post
    Smaller pulley.
    I'm going from 102mm to a 91mm pulley.
    probably will get a 2-3psi increase in boost
    Man SoS did use quite a big pulley lol =P
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter