Thread: CRX Sunroofs

Member Array
    Car:
    ED+HRV+CRX+CRZ

CRX Sunroofs

Can anyone tell me if Gen 2 CRX Sunroofs can still be bought new from Honda Australia. If so, any dealer? Can anyone put a price on one for me?

I have asked several times in other forums, and never got a definitive answer. Surely someone here works for Honda and can confirm or deny the rumour.

Many thanks......

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    why not call a dealer... but since eg civic mudflaps are NLA i doubt it.. would be worth calling wreckers to find out if they have one and you would prolly need to buy the whole turret knowing aussie wreckers...
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Wrecker would be your best bet, or a JDM DA6 sunroof.

But to be honest I'd look to see if you can get an EG VTi sunroof. It opens much better. Otherwise aftermarket sunroof setups aren't hard to come by.

From my perspective though I'd rather not have one in my CRX. I have the glasstop anyway, but the sunroof setup is about 15kg extra weight right at the top of your car.

I doubt they would, I called Honda up a few months back for an ek4 sunroof and they said they don't have them anymore

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX & CRV
    I bought one from a dealer about 4 years ago when i first purchased my CRX. My sunroof has a bit of rust in it and i wanted one just in case, still have it in the garage.
    I would imagine it being very difficult to get one now, i struggled to get one 4 years ago.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Still in stock, postage should be around the $100 mark

http://www.hondapartsdirect.com/part...sliding-roof-1
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    ED+HRV+CRX+CRZ
    Thanks for the heads up. Guaranteed 100% the same as the AUDM part?
    Last edited by corsa59; 26-03-2013 at 12:52 AM. Reason: spelling

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    while its good to look at a genuine CRX's sunroof's to replace keeping it original and what have you.

Other alternatives to OEM metal sunroofs is other materials. (fibreglass, carbon fibre and galss)
    The reason is over time a long time the metal has been known to bubble with rust.

Apart from the occasional leaky sunroof.
    This is some of the result i have seen myself happen to my friend's crx;s.

here is a link to repair rust on CRX sunroof

There was actually a group buy on CRXAUS some time back for carbon fibre sunroof's.
    The 1 i ended up going is glass thru an aftermarket roof place. Cause my oem was stuffed.

Best decision ive done. Glass =NO RUST.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED+HRV+CRX+CRZ
    Thanks for all those suggestions.

Fibreglass looks tacky, glass would be a great option but it would definitely have to be original, not aftermarket. I believe the canadian CRXs had glass moonroofs.

Repair is not worth considering. My roof has about 1/10 of the damage of the roof shown in the previous post, but the rust does not happen on the outside, it starts on the inside due to condensation, and the last final stage is when it bursts through to the outside. The repair will look good for 6 months until the rest of the steel is eaten away. If you could halt/remove the rust from the inside, that would work, but due to the construction, that is not possible. That is why the rust is always around the edge under the seam.

I have found a dealer with ONE genuine Honda sunroof, just under $1000 by the time it is painted.

I am investigating the USA suggestion, might be promising.

Thanks again

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    JDM CRX had the moonroof option (gen2 facelift). It's overrated, take it from me.

My EH9 has a glass sunroof though with a shade slide. Love it.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by corsa59 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Guaranteed 100% the same as the AUDM part?
    Yes exact same part number as the AUDM model

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda...&block_03=8827
    OEM parts whore