Member Array
    Car:
    Integra

92 integra harmonic balancer issues >< help needed

hey guys, went for a drive a week back and just as i was pulling onto the freeway i started to hear a disturbing knock and belt whine from the engine, ended up pulling over and had a little look around, touched a couple belts and all seemed fine, kept driving then i notice my battery light up on the dash and following that power steering failed, got home and jacked the car up, had another little look about and noticed the harmonic balancer was a little angled, undid the cover from the wheel arch shielding it and with one full turn of the main bolt the balancer and all belts came off, next day went to a honda wrecker and purchased a used balancer and a new key way as i need the car asap and this particular peice is a consultation part from honda ><, just working on it at the moment and have noticed that maybe the old key is lodged and stuck within the crank but im not certain of this, is there anyone that has been down the same path and can share advice or just lend a virtual hand??
    aim high, ride low.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    im sorry i dont quite understand, are you saying the keyway is stuck in the crank? it should just pull out, if its been a while since its come off it may just be a bit rusted caked on with crap. i would just grab a soft brass punch (something softer then the keyway/crank) and give it a few light taps to dislodge it, it shouldnt take much at all...
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Looking at the crank with the balancer off it looks to be stuck between the timing belt sprocket and the crank, unless what I'm seeing is just another foreign part of the engine?is it even possible for the keway to go that far back?
    aim high, ride low.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    post a picture so i can see, this sounds odd to me
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02