DA9 Suspension Options (FF Type 1 vs Koni/GC)

Hi guys,

Done a lot of searching and I've narrowed down my options to these 2 setups.

Function&Form F2 Type 1 coilovers are just under $900 on eBay, 10F 6R.

Then there's the obvious GC/Koni which I believe will set me back nearly $1200.

I had my heart set on GC/Koni but for nearly $300 less I can get full coilovers.

I've read amazing things about GC/Koni and nothing but good reviews for the Type 1's but does anyone here have any personal experiences/recommendations?

Thanks guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK hatch, DC2
    type 1 doesn't have damper adjustment but gc/koni does so if you think the damper on the type 1 is okay, dont see why not

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Where are the coilovers made?

koni/gc is a proven setup, and will last longer than Taiwanese coilovers...
    OEM parts whore

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Where are Koni made?

Most coils are made in Taiwan anyway. Nothing wrong with Taiwan.

I don't see how the country it is manufactured in has any influence on its quality.

We label items made in China as "junk" but our household is full of the stuff.

Anyone with personal experience with either of these 2 setups?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Both great way to fine tune your setup. With your budget and options I'd suggest the Koni's. Mainly because it is a master piece nowadays and they last a very long time. The FF type 1's are fairly new products on the market, no realistic evidence of them failing easily.

Stndrd/benson of this forum know's a fair chunk about coilovers to suit what sort of driving people would do. PM them and they will guide you as I believe they got the right idea when choosing the right coilovers = investment.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    Various...
    Just installed 10/6kg F&F type 1's on an ED, done about 200km on crap condition sealed roads. They are stiffer than Koni/King combo on stiffest setting, but not unbearable. Height adjustment is ridiculous, you could lay the chassis on the ground. Handling is better than Koni/King.

Bottom line = F&F type 1 is a little more uncomfortable, but better handling (on an ED anyway).

The FF Type 1 kit I was looking at has the same spring rate that you mentioned.

When installed, at their maximum height, what is the drop like?

Cheers for the reply.

Member Array
    Car:
    Various...
    I didn't try max height, but just looking at the adjustment i had, it could have been near stock height. The main thing you don't get is damper adjustment.