H22 into CD5 Legal VIC

Hey guys.

I've recently purchased CD5 accord which has undergone a H22 swap.
    The previous owner never registered the engine with VICROADS and its still listed with the f22 engine.

I'm currently going through the motions of preparing the car for RWC & REGO and have been scouring the forums (yes i searched) and Google for the legalities of the swap.

Ive read everything i can on the vicroads website and ive found:

Change of engine
    1. Replacement engine is identical to the original engine, or is an option allowed by the manufacturer for the same model vehicle
    The optional engine must be offered in Australia by the vehicle manufacturer as an option for that vehicle (or certified variants). The change of engine may be recorded by VicRoads provided that the registered operator or a motor mechanic, or dealer in that make of vehicle or an Automotive Engineer signs a declaration certifying the engine is optional for the vehicle model, and that all modifications made by the manufacturer for the same vehicle model with that optional engine have been completed.

Now according to wikipedia the h22a was offered in the 94-95 SIR.
    But i do have the following questions..

Was the H22 SIR offered in australia?

If not i am to believe a VASS certificate is necessary to obtain registration?

If the SIR was released in Australia with H22 in theory i should be able to rock up to vicroads with a rwc a receipt for the engine and im sweet?

Cheers for the help

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    I don't know anything about Accords but I know that the SiR was never sold in Australia, and there wasn't a H22 VTAK Accord variant sold here. You will need a VASS Certificate. I can arrange such a thing, or just give you some free advice. Drop me a PM if you like and I'll give you my work contact details.

I tried to shoot you a PM but your mail box is full could you give me a brief rundown on what is required and checked for a vass certificate?

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    I have done a H22A swap into a CD5 for a customer previously and all he had to provide to vicroads was proof that it came as an option in that chassis in Japan and they quite happily updated the engine.

I dont guarantee that it will be straight forward but at least it gives you hope
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

it has been done before, speak with namtaro, he used to own a CD5 with a H22A

Cheers guys,

I might have a chat to vicroads tomorrow and see if they have I suppose make/model/engine database they check agains or if i just need to personally supply proof

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by karlslater View Post
    I tried to shoot you a PM but your mail box is full could you give me a brief rundown on what is required and checked for a vass certificate?
    Sorry about that, I've just send you a PM. Let me know if I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    I have done a H22A swap into a CD5 for a customer previously and all he had to provide to vicroads was proof that it came as an option in that chassis in Japan and they quite happily updated the engine.

I dont guarantee that it will be straight forward but at least it gives you hope
    You're right, it's definitely possible to get through like that and hopefully that's how it happens. Lately however VicRoads seem to be asking for a VASS for anything they're unsure of, so it's pretty likely they'll knock him back.