Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1

Top end head work DC2R

Hey Ozhonda,

I'm wanting to put aftermarket cams for my Aus spec DC2R and wondering what people recommend?

Currently what I have in mind is Toda Spec B with Toda cam gears and toda valve springs.

I already have
    Fujitsubo RM01A 2.5" exhaust
    JDM 4-1 header
    Comptech Icebox
    hondata S300 in a P28 ECU which hasn't been tuned yet. Car will only see the drags/track once in a while
    Toda Lightened Flywheel
    Exedy Sports Organic Clutch.

My main question is what alternatives are there for what I can go with?

Budget is around what I would be paying for the Toda stuff.

Thanks!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Got a high-flow catback?

I've used Skunk2 gear for my B16A head build. Their B-series stuff is very good quality/value.

TODA really is top of the line IMO. If you wanna splash out then go for it. Keep the valves standard, but maybe consider some titanium retainers to go with the springs. The Type R springs are quite good anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Are you full licensed? If so then i would recommend a nice GT3076R to cure the power needs.

But if you plan on staying N/A, Jun, Spoon & Toda offer some great camshafts for the B series. Depening on how big of a camshaft you go, you may need to upgrade throttle body diameter and look into port work on the cylinder head.

If you are in Melbourne, feel free to give me a call to discuss further
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Aftermarket cams in a B18c7 stock doesn't seem like a bang for buck mod. Change out those JDM headers to Toda or alike headers, high-flow cat mated with your RM10A.

After that get it tuned and see what results it manage, a Internally stock b18c7 with I/H/E ECU tuned should manage mid-high 13's (driver dependent). That's a quick street car

Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Got a high-flow catback?

I've used Skunk2 gear for my B16A head build. Their B-series stuff is very good quality/value.

TODA really is top of the line IMO. If you wanna splash out then go for it. Keep the valves standard, but maybe consider some titanium retainers to go with the springs. The Type R springs are quite good anyway.
    I'm assuming that you mean Hi flow cat? Nope but I was thinking of a SARD cat and I know its expensive but i'm more a person who wants the high quality stuff...

Thanks for the recommendations will take a look into it.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    Are you full licensed? If so then i would recommend a nice GT3076R to cure the power needs.

But if you plan on staying N/A, Jun, Spoon & Toda offer some great camshafts for the B series. Depening on how big of a camshaft you go, you may need to upgrade throttle body diameter and look into port work on the cylinder head.

If you are in Melbourne, feel free to give me a call to discuss further
    Not going to be full licensed for a while.. I like the idea of turbo but i love N/A.

Do you think the Spec B cams need the port work?

Also I heard the 68mm Throttle bodies are ideal size for the B18C7? Heard anything more than 70mm is non-beneficial for what I'm going for?

Thanks man, but im from Sydney!

Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    Aftermarket cams in a B18c7 stock doesn't seem like a bang for buck mod. Change out those JDM headers to Toda or alike headers, high-flow cat mated with your RM10A.

After that get it tuned and see what results it manage, a Internally stock b18c7 with I/H/E ECU tuned should manage mid-high 13's (driver dependent). That's a quick street car
    Yeah.. but the JDM header makes a few HP less than what a Mugen or Toda would make and for me i cant justify upgrading to aftermarket header..

But yeah thinking of a hi flow cat like you and dougie have recommended sounds a like a good idea. Will also look into it.

cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RotaRX View Post
    Yeah.. but the JDM header makes a few HP less than what a Mugen or Toda would make

im confused
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post

im confused
    Need me clarify?

JDM 4-1 Header off a Jap spec dc2r.

JDM ITR HEADER 185hp 137TQ

Toda Header 190hp 137TQ

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    This is the difference on a stock header.

Once you start opening up the motor this difference will become more and more apparent and will not complement your head work
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1
    Thanks all! got all my questions answered.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah I meant high-flow cat sorry, night duty brain.

Just gonna say this once man. I've done the N/A sh!t. Head build and blah blah blah. Cam shafts, cam gears, valve springs, retainers, valves, combustion chamber re-welds, port work, matching manifolds, enlarged TB/IM.

It sounds great, goes well, and 9,000 RPM is fun.

But I wish I didn't waste my time and money (big $$$$) getting that extra 15-20kw.

Could have done a reasonable turbo setup for the same price and yielded triple the power gains at least.

If I had my time again, I wouldn't waste big money on camshafts and all that. Would go turbo or B20 block. Or just K-series.